Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Group Buy Rules?

Quote Originally Posted by fishEH View Post
    I believe he's referring to the Black Friday sale.
    Well that sale will be differnt than a group buy.

1. Limit to 10 orders...those were filled and the sale closed.

2. Only a deposit. Not a full payment.

3. Specific build / ship date.

4. Additional discount or full refund if dates not met.

So, if you got one of the 10 spots, and it is not built the day scheduled, you either get your money back or your deposit money pays for it all... in theory, a bumper @ 40% off, then date blown with another 50% off (IIRC) could mean a $1000 bumper for what, $300? Not a bad gamble I guess... or you just get your money back.

I look forward to hearing the results from the customers. Hopefully the new format will prove beneficial to all.
    It's about people and the Land Rovers that own them.
    01 DII : 95 RRC LWB : 88 RRC SWB

Quote Originally Posted by astateofmike View Post
    Well that sale will be differnt than a group buy. 1. Limit to 10 orders...those were filled and the sale closed. 2. Only a deposit. Not a full payment. 3. Specific build / ship date. 4. Additional discount or full refund if dates not met. So, if you got one of the 10 spots, and it is not built the day scheduled, you either get your money back or your deposit money pays for it all... in theory, a bumper @ 40% off, then date blown with another 50% off (IIRC) could mean a $1000 bumper for what, $300? Not a bad gamble I guess... or you just get your money back. I look forward to hearing the results from the customers. Hopefully the new format will prove beneficial to all.
    I hear what you're saying. I can't think of what else he'd be referring to though.

My point, in short... Getting a discount or refund does not make up for looking forward to a part or accessory w/ an expected delivery date and satisfactory finished result and not receiving it.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrinK View Post
    My point, in short... Getting a discount or refund does not make up for looking forward to a part or accessory w/ an expected delivery date and satisfactory finished result and not receiving it.
    Very true. I would venture to say that the new policies like 50% deposit, money back, etc. is a move to better business practices and reinstill consumer confidence. Or at least reassure potential customers that they won't be out any money. Obviously it would be best if such policies weren't needed but when restructuring they're nice to have in place to ease apprehensions.

So what did you order?
    Last edited by fishEH; 11-30-2010 at 08:06 AM.

Again, I really would like to hear from Darrin some of the shops you use that meet all your expectations.

I have ordered stuff recently and UPS has blown my delivery times, damaged my goods etc.

I have been told things will ship, then had that delayed with and without notice.

I have bought something, got it and thought to myself "even though this is exactly as described by the seller, I am disappointed in how it looks now that I have it"....

So, where are you shopping? I need to check them out....
    It's about people and the Land Rovers that own them.
    01 DII : 95 RRC LWB : 88 RRC SWB

I learned my lesson, I would never order from, or recommend this seller! Had it only been my order that was screwed up, there might be some forgiveness in me. But we know that I am not the only one.