Thread: Water Filtration

Water Filtration

Has anyone every used this? http://www.htiwater.com/hydration_products.html

I do have one of these.http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_d...45524442624777

Works great but it does seem like black majik to wave a light in a bottle of water from a know contaminated water source. And, to have the locals look at you like you are a retarded honkey tourist.

Just curious.
    Last edited by snake_eyes; 09-01-2010 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Forgot to finsih

Put some water in a clear bottle and leave it outside during intense sunlight for a few hours. The UV will kill all microorganisms. Filter the water before you put it in and you are good to go.

-Sam

The "survial" guides usually say leave it in direct sun for a day, sometimes more. How long also depends what time of year at what lattitude, the type of plastic bottle you have and how cloudy the water is.
    I'd have a water filter that removes small organisims and if in an area were a virus might be a concern, have chemical treatement if I can't boil it.
    Tom
    62 88 Regular
    67 109 NADA x2
    79 Lightweight
    95 D1 R380
    95 D90 300tdi R380
    97 D1 ZF

Four wheel drive allows you to get stuck
    in places even more inaccessible.

Never heard or seen of that HTI stuff.
    The steri-pens have been around for a while. We use UV in our water treatment plant. It works well in low turbidity. So filter your water through a bandana first to remove particulate. You don't want any nasties hiding behind a piece of dirt.