Thread: Header system in!

Header system in!

OK. My Headman Hedders are installed with all the goodness. Wow, these sound fantastic! The temp even reads a hair cooler as I believe the engine compartment is running cooler with the ceramic coating. The installer, Jason at Muffler Man in Placentia, was fantastic. They went way above and beyond my expectations. They cut off the smaller factory flanges and welded heavy duty ones that sandwich together as opposed to bolting them together with open space between. He even added a heavy duty 3 bolt flange that connects the straight pipe, in case I ever want to put on a different muffler. Plus, inserted the O2 bungs as opposed to welding in the sections I provided. His out the door price even came in below another recommended outfit who had done this in the past (decided on Muffler Man after getting the run around). All in all, I'm extremely happy. Next performance mod, camshaft with head gaskets.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1011365.JPG   P1011366.JPG  
    West Coast purveyor of early Land Rover Parts
    1995 LWB Aspen Silver Edition. AKA DudeMobile...4.6 chipped w cam & headers...4" lift with 255/85R16 tires (33")...ARB lockers front & rear...Etc, etc, etc.

Nice. Does it have that beautiful opened up V8 'crackle'. A vid would be in order.
    Kimo, Kathryn, Kaylyn, Kaleb and usually 1 or 2 other victims.

2001 Disco 2 SE7
    D1 CDL Linkage
    OME 766/763 lift 2" spacer and a D1 rear perch, EE Retained.
    10" Schroeder Valve 7100s in the front...12" SB 7100s 400/100 in the rear
    33 12.50 15 BFG KM2s
    EBC Rotors and Pads
    Bottorf lil' Guy Winch bumper with $3 High lift mounts.
    Bottorf Rear Bumper w/ swing away
    Roverland Sliders
    Tom Woods Front shaft (goes nice with the fresh cats and new tranny... ugh... Trans #3 now)

is the single cat going to pass smog?
    Vegetable Oil Fuel Systems.
    Custom Vehicle Builds
    www.ecologicalvehiclesolutions.com

Quote Originally Posted by roverhybrids View Post
    is the single cat going to pass smog?
    Will not pass visual. Out of the pipe?????
    West Coast purveyor of early Land Rover Parts
    1995 LWB Aspen Silver Edition. AKA DudeMobile...4.6 chipped w cam & headers...4" lift with 255/85R16 tires (33")...ARB lockers front & rear...Etc, etc, etc.

what was your price....i have the double S stainless catless y-pipe and headers ( http://www.lrrforums.com/showthread....uble+stainless ) i want installed but no good exhaust shops near me.

the flanges dont match so either the y-pipe or the current muffler needs to be changed and of course installation... any guesses?

it already has o2 bungs and everything needed, just the wrong flange.

maybe i should get them ceramic coated first eh?
    Last edited by badfysh; 04-01-2011 at 06:59 PM.
    1995 LWB
    2004 D2
    2008 E350
    2013 Impreza

BLR #000
    NCLR #42
    SCLR #592

Quote Originally Posted by roverdude View Post
    OK. My Headman Hedders are installed with all the goodness. Wow, these sound fantastic! The temp even reads a hair cooler as I believe the engine compartment is running cooler with the ceramic coating. The installer, Jason at Muffler Man in Placentia, was fantastic. They went way above and beyond my expectations. They cut off the smaller factory flanges and welded heavy duty ones that sandwich together as opposed to bolting them together with open space between. He even added a heavy duty 3 bolt flange that connects the straight pipe, in case I ever want to put on a different muffler. Plus, inserted the O2 bungs as opposed to welding in the sections I provided. His out the door price even came in below another recommended outfit who had done this in the past (decided on Muffler Man after getting the run around). All in all, I'm extremely happy. Next performance mod, camshaft with head gaskets.
    Nice! Cant wait to come see it and hear it.

I have a few finishing touch I need for my D1, so I will see you this week if possible.

Darrin

i have an '04 disco II with the 4.6 v8. haven't found any headers for this engine, but i am mocking up a cat back system. figure some magnaflow cats, running a crossover pipe and run two seperate mufflers with side exits, ala an amg g-wagon. figure i would save a crap load of weight, and the second in line muffler, just to free up some horsepower and so that i can hear it. figured i would either use tubo thrush mufflers. wife suggests using some glasspacks, but don't think it would sound so good. will wait and see. problems i foresee is room for the crossover pipes and if the passenger side exhaust/muffler and its exit point would be blocked by the leveling compressor that is there. don't want to mess around with running pipes over the rear axle and trying to run it around the fuel filler neck. any ideas/suggestions?

What are you doing about smog? Are you just going to swap on some factory manifolds when smog time comes?