Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are Land Rover parts still good for after they served there original purpose?

Very cool post and idea.

Would be great to design a home theater room using LR seats you no longer need; perhaps play Camel Trophy flicks all day. ARB fridge stocked w/cold ones.

RRClassicBT550, your design is a good start.

I had some old stock springs that I ended up recyling; should have kept them and used them as for a bar stool project.

And if I am able to take good photos of LR in action, I would cut-up old LR sheet metal and use it for photo frames of LR photograhps or artwork.

Just my thoughts. Good wine tonight.
    Last edited by RonCT110; 05-20-2011 at 11:00 PM.
    NCLR BOD www.nclrclub.org

SPOT Adventures: http://www.spotadventures.com/user/p...?user_id=47904

Tread Lightly Trainer

2004 Java Black D2 SE7 "Family AUV" - All-Around Utility Vehicle

1990 CT D110 "Support and Touring Vehicle"

1990 White RRC - Dedicated "Trail Rig"

A few more pics...still have a little ways to go though

Hello,

I am just getting in from working on the couch and figured I should post some more pics of the current progress. I made the sheet metal piece for the cup holders and also made the lower center shelf. I still have to make the two bottom shelves and do the bead rolling on them as well as the bead rolling on the lower center shelf beneath the console; then paint and it will all be done.

RonCT110, a movie theater that showed Camel Trophy flicks all day would have me front row center, except for the Tierra del Fuego event in 1998 when they used the Freelanders because that one was.......well, not up to par. However, if you combined your rover springs idea with Roverons' spinning wheel hub idea for some bar stools, and then add in access to an ARB fridge full of cold ones, it might make the screening of the 1998 event more entertaining.

Thanks for the compliments everyone.

Have a good one.

Jonathan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3383.JPG   IMG_3386.JPG   IMG_3402.JPG   IMG_3405.JPG   IMG_3410.JPG  

Have a good one!

Jon

1988 RRC rolling restoration & customization

<a href="http://www.LRRForums.com/showthread.php?19302-The-Rolling-Restoration-amp-Customization-Of-My-88-RRC" target="_blank">My Range Rover Classic build thread</a>

Does anyone have a set of early 80's (4 door) front doors or door uppers w/ quarter windows for sale? I want to convert my rover to the quarter window style front doors.

Hey Jonathan, how's your project coming along. Might really look into re-using my old DII seats and do something similar to what you are doing.

Add an ARB fridge full of beer, snacks, home entertainment system and re-runs of Camel Trophy movies, might turn out to be favorite room.

Thinking.... I have some old metal tail light guards for my RRC; might play around with the idea of making it in a wine rack.

Humm.. what can do with old axle shafts
    NCLR BOD www.nclrclub.org

SPOT Adventures: http://www.spotadventures.com/user/p...?user_id=47904

Tread Lightly Trainer

2004 Java Black D2 SE7 "Family AUV" - All-Around Utility Vehicle

1990 CT D110 "Support and Touring Vehicle"

1990 White RRC - Dedicated "Trail Rig"

Cool project! Reminds me of Nick Baggerly (Drive Around the World expeditions), who put a cut-down front clip from a Series II Land Rover on the wall above his bed, complete with original Lucas headlamps that dimly flickered. I wonder what Nick is up to these days.

Granville aka Gran or Granny
    '06 LR3 SE7 V8
    North California Wine Country
    http://home.comcast.net/~teacupfarm/index.html

Sorta like above, motion detector for the driveway

very nice
    03 disco
    88 towncar
    86 suburban
    96 cbr1000
    00 cbr600 on its way to a new life as a fourwheeler

Save your old head bolts. Sharpen them and weld them on your bumper as Mad Max zombie spikes. After a few years, should be able to make the thing like like a porcupine.

I would take an old shell and turn it into a trailer.
    I spend more time fixing things than using them. My motto is " If it breaks.... F it I'll weld it"