Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are Land Rover parts still good for after they served there original purpose?

What are Land Rover parts still good for after they served there original purpose?

When I bought my Rover it was a basket case and one of the many things it needed was new front seats which I found and purchased but that left me with a couple of old seats. The seats have been floating around my garage for about a year now and I just haven't had the heart to toss them out, so here is what I am doing...

I still need to make a console for the center, the shelf bottoms for the storage and paint the frame but I will post more pics when I finish it.

This project has brought the question to my mind anyway; what are Land Rover parts still good for after they have served there purpose? So what have you all thought of for alternative uses of your Land Rover parts?

Have a good one!
    Jonathan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3286.JPG   IMG_3351.JPG   IMG_3349.jpg   IMG_3353.JPG   IMG_3357.JPG  

IMG_3360.JPG   IMG_3364.JPG  
    Have a good one!

Jon

1988 RRC rolling restoration & customization

<a href="http://www.LRRForums.com/showthread.php?19302-The-Rolling-Restoration-amp-Customization-Of-My-88-RRC" target="_blank">My Range Rover Classic build thread</a>

Does anyone have a set of early 80's (4 door) front doors or door uppers w/ quarter windows for sale? I want to convert my rover to the quarter window style front doors.

Haha, that's pretty cool looking. Kinda like those old 50's bench seats turned couch.
    I already have enough parts laying around the house that I have an art deco thing going on.

I might make a spinning stool out of a wheel, axle, and hub piece. Gonna be kinda heavy, well, I guess it should so I don't fall over while spinning round and round.
    88 RRC
    2002 RR 4.6 HSE

_o_o_o_o_
    |0_______0|
    [(O====O)]
    |//|........|//|
    |\\|-0--- |\\|
    |//|`````|//|

Cool idea!

I've got a couple of D2 seats and was wondering what I should do with them. A couple of questions, is this going into your living room? Are you going to hook up the electric motors so the backs can tilt?
    2000 D2 SD w/BFG MT 255/85/16, 3" lift, ARB front bumper, custom rear bumper & rock sliders, Mantec snorkel, CDL, KMC front & rear diff guard, Columbia Rovers gas tank skid, LR front skid, RoverTracks HD tie rod & drag link, BajaRack roof rack, GBR HD rear driveshaft & 4.14 gears, Trutrac LSD front w/Detroit rear locker, Ashcroft HD axles & CV, Polybush Dynamic bushings, blr HD engine mounts

2000 D2 stock w/BFG AT-KO 245/75/16, TF front & KMC rear diff guard, RockStar Fab rear door panel

I had planned to do this but the wife looked at me like I had lost my ever loving mind
    "May God have mercy on my enemies because I won't" General George S. Patton

1983 Defender 110 Wagon

Thanks for the compliments guys! These are strictly garage seats which is why the "broken in" look is perfect, that way I don't feel bad when I use them while completely dirty, to sit in while welding on projects, or whenever any harm may come to them. If the seats were really nice, a couch for the house wouldn't be out of the question. I could see how a wife might look at you like you were outside of your mind, but as I have neither a girlfriend or a wife I can do what I like, at least for the time being anyway. haha And yes I do plan to hook them up for use with the electrics, but I will be disabling the forward/back of the seat so my nieces and nephews don't accidentally get something caught between the frame and the seat. The up/down and tilt will be kept functional, just made to work with AC from an extension cord instead.

I will put more pics up tonight...

P.S.
    Roveron, you should post some pics of that stool when you get around to making it, it sounds like a pretty cool idea.
    Have a good one!

Jon

<a href="http://www.LRRForums.com/showthread.php?19302-The-Rolling-Restoration-amp-Customization-Of-My-88-RRC" target="_blank">My Range Rover Classic build thread</a>

Does anyone have a set of early 80's (4 door) front doors or door uppers w/ quarter windows for sale? I want to convert my rover to the quarter window style front doors.

More pictures

I have been working on the console and I still have a little ways to go until it is finished but here are some pictures of the progress....

Have a good one.

Jonathan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3366.JPG   IMG_3368.JPG   IMG_3369.JPG   IMG_3370.JPG   IMG_3373.JPG  

IMG_3375.JPG   IMG_3376.JPG  
    Have a good one!

Jon

Sweet I dig it.
    NCLR VP HAM KJ7RRC
    93 LWB RRC 3 inch rte lt-230, 35x12.5/15 bfg km2, GBR 4.14 with trutracs front and rear, Rovertracks front Hd axles and cv's, Ashcroft Hd rear axles,
    Rte rear trailing arms,Warn 8k, Custom bumpers front and rear, Flowmaster exhaust ,custom sliders GRB F+R driveshaft, RTE steering links. 12 in Bilstien 7100's

I gave away my D1 factory running boards. The couple that took them said they were going to put them in the garage and use them as shelves. I immediately thought "damn, why didn't I think of that?". I think I'm going to use a beat up lug nut as a paper weight at work.

Quote Originally Posted by fishEH View Post
    I gave away my D1 factory running boards. The couple that took them said they were going to put them in the garage and use them as shelves. I immediately thought "damn, why didn't I think of that?". I think I'm going to use a beat up lug nut as a paper weight at work.
    Hmm, that is a cool idea, maybe when my brother decides he doesn't want his RRC running boards anymore I will try that one out. I hadn't thought of the lug nut idea either, thanks.
    Have a good one!

Jon

I don't have rover seats, but I used a bench seat out of a truck for seats in my box blind