Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: New Range Rover Evoke

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    N. California
    Posts
    5,182

    New Range Rover Evoke

    NCLR BOD www.nclrclub.org

    SPOT Adventures: http://www.spotadventures.com/user/p...?user_id=47904

    Tread Lightly Trainer

    2004 Java Black D2 SE7 "Family AUV" - All-Around Utility Vehicle

    1990 CT D110 "Support and Touring Vehicle"

    1990 White RRC - Dedicated "Trail Rig"

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Altadena
    Posts
    3,846
    here comes the negativity.....


    blah blah blah ....blah blah skinny chic, no on road or off road videoh.....all it did was drive down the driveway.....

    16 minutes i'll never get back.
    1995 LWB
    2001 300M
    2004 D2
    2008 E350
    2013 Subaru Impreza

    BLR #000
    NCLR #42
    SCLR #592

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Redwood Valley, CA
    Posts
    1,102
    I'm beginning to be glad that my new LR3 doesn't say Range Rover on it anywhere. I might have to take all the graphics off my '92 RRC or maybe get a vanity plate that says NOTTATA. Mike Slade had one on his '92 RRC that said NOTABMW. If this is to be the trend, I hope there will not be a new Defender. And I thought the Freeloader was a disgrace. I didn't know the half of it!

    Granville aka Gran or Granny
    '06 LR3 SE7 V8
    North California Wine Country
    http://home.comcast.net/~teacupfarm/index.html

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    N. California
    Posts
    5,182
    Hey the best part was the first 30 seconds when they presented the line-up from my favorite the Classic to the present Range Rover.

    There was a delay in raising the curtains; saw smoke and said, over heating already. Lol.

    Oh the name is Range Rover Evoque.

    I actually like my misspelling the Evoke, but with Evoque - it's a chic's car name.

    Actually, Land Rover said they would like 50 percent of the buyers to be female for the Evoque.

    Call it "Storm" maybe I will consider for its 2.0 Turbo Diesel Hybrid engine stated to get 49.9 mpg for all around driving w/some off-road capabilities, but Evoque name. Forget it. Probably comes with a hand bag too. Might as well offer it in pink while at it.

    Will just wait for when the LR4 is couple of years old or perhaps (the good out of this), once they get the 2.0 Turbo Diesel Hybrid in the market, get the bugs out and maybe get this power plant, 5 speed, and in a Defender like platform.

    Yeah that's it; Defender with the man card holder on the dash. Not Voque with a card shredder built-in. Ha! Ha!

    Still cool for the technology aspect part: 2.0 Turbo Diesel Hybrid that gets 49.9 mpg.

    Quote Originally Posted by badfysh View Post
    here comes the negativity.....


    blah blah blah ....blah blah skinny chic, no on road or off road videoh.....all it did was drive down the driveway.....

    16 minutes i'll never get back.
    Last edited by RonCT110; 07-01-2010 at 10:47 PM.
    NCLR BOD www.nclrclub.org

    SPOT Adventures: http://www.spotadventures.com/user/p...?user_id=47904

    Tread Lightly Trainer

    2004 Java Black D2 SE7 "Family AUV" - All-Around Utility Vehicle

    1990 CT D110 "Support and Touring Vehicle"

    1990 White RRC - Dedicated "Trail Rig"

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    N. California
    Posts
    5,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Granny View Post
    I'm beginning to be glad that my new LR3 doesn't say Range Rover on it anywhere. I might have to take all the graphics off my '92 RRC or maybe get a vanity plate that says NOTTATA. Mike Slade had one on his '92 RRC that said NOTABMW. If this is to be the trend, I hope there will not be a new Defender. And I thought the Freeloader was a disgrace. I didn't know the half of it!

    You know the off-road jokesters will have a field on this. Ranger Rover Voque!

    We change the trail hand signal from this:


    To this: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuJQSAiODqI[/ame]

    Somebody call Phil Popham and let him know it's not too late to change the name
    NCLR BOD www.nclrclub.org

    SPOT Adventures: http://www.spotadventures.com/user/p...?user_id=47904

    Tread Lightly Trainer

    2004 Java Black D2 SE7 "Family AUV" - All-Around Utility Vehicle

    1990 CT D110 "Support and Touring Vehicle"

    1990 White RRC - Dedicated "Trail Rig"

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    73
    I hate to say it....but my wifes loves it and wants one. I have her permission to double my current weekly lottery ticket purchase from one dollar to two dollars....

    On a more business note...this rig was well under way by the time TATA started paying the bills. So we can blame Ford... Actually, I hope they make buckets of money off the new rig. Then they won't be quite as concerned about pressing every last dime of profit out of the new Defender and the rest of the line. Reports from Britain seem to state that TATA is cautiously allowing the LR management team to run the show for now.

    Back to my wife...she is "normal" (kinda) but for a while now has told me her next car is going to be some sort of hybrid so she can put fewer dollars in BP's pockets and save the whales or something.... Frankly, I would rather see her in a Land Rover hybrid instead of some Honda or such. If we get enough people to buy into this hybrid thing, there will be lots more gasoline left over for all of us to buzz around in our 12 MPG machines...I bet they won't be making any Jerry can holders for the Evoque....
    Mike
    2004 Discovery II-"The Grey Goose"
    3" OME and Toddco Spacer lift,32" Nittos,TW Shaft,Terrafirma stabilizer,Bottorf custom winch bumper and sliders,Rear camera,CB,30 GB Zune and Infinity sub


    http://northwestoverlandsociety.org

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    N. California
    Posts
    5,182
    Their marketing plan is working: to have two new Land Rovers on our drive way. The Evoque for the wife, and LR4 or Defender for the family/guy SUV.

    As a family guy (with gears and stuff to carry), the defender has to be a long wheel base/110 to carry all the gears/stuff.

    The Evoque (just wish they came up with a better name) is sleek looking and can't wait to hear more about the new hybrid diesel powerplant.



    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfreak80 View Post
    I hate to say it....but my wifes loves it and wants one. I have her permission to double my current weekly lottery ticket purchase from one dollar to two dollars....

    On a more business note...this rig was well under way by the time TATA started paying the bills. So we can blame Ford... Actually, I hope they make buckets of money off the new rig. Then they won't be quite as concerned about pressing every last dime of profit out of the new Defender and the rest of the line. Reports from Britain seem to state that TATA is cautiously allowing the LR management team to run the show for now.

    Back to my wife...she is "normal" (kinda) but for a while now has told me her next car is going to be some sort of hybrid so she can put fewer dollars in BP's pockets and save the whales or something.... Frankly, I would rather see her in a Land Rover hybrid instead of some Honda or such. If we get enough people to buy into this hybrid thing, there will be lots more gasoline left over for all of us to buzz around in our 12 MPG machines...I bet they won't be making any Jerry can holders for the Evoque....
    Last edited by RonCT110; 07-01-2010 at 11:49 PM.
    NCLR BOD www.nclrclub.org

    SPOT Adventures: http://www.spotadventures.com/user/p...?user_id=47904

    Tread Lightly Trainer

    2004 Java Black D2 SE7 "Family AUV" - All-Around Utility Vehicle

    1990 CT D110 "Support and Touring Vehicle"

    1990 White RRC - Dedicated "Trail Rig"

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Scotts Valley, CA
    Posts
    1,892
    i would look simply irresistible in that thing. hmmm... might be time to sell the 110 and go "Voque!"
    1993 D110

    Nothing beats watching a "dude" wrestle chairs while losing his battle with gravity.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sacramento, California, United States
    Posts
    1,575
    I actually really like the design and look of the CAR. It should be labeled as as Mini though.

    BUT.... the intro was an epic fail. Poorly paced. They held the "steaming radiator" in a box shot way to long.

    But.. no wife, no Evoque.
    1995 RRC LWB - LT230, $G Front Bumper

    In the future ARB's, 4.10's, $G Rear HD bumper, HD axles F/R.

    1960 109" 5 Door Station Wagon w/Deluxe Rolled Bonnet with Spare Recess. Frame off restoration. PO setup 289 Mustang with D60 rear end with chromolly inners. Recently moved to Sacramento awaiting a place to finish the resto.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    73
    I think what none of us like is that it has "Range" in its name. Time for new line up name. How about "Town Rover" or "Lane Rover" ???
    Mike
    2004 Discovery II-"The Grey Goose"
    3" OME and Toddco Spacer lift,32" Nittos,TW Shaft,Terrafirma stabilizer,Bottorf custom winch bumper and sliders,Rear camera,CB,30 GB Zune and Infinity sub


    http://northwestoverlandsociety.org

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •