Thread: Moving to Lawton, OK

Moving to Lawton, OK

Well, its only for 6 months, but just in case - does anyone know any good independent LR service shops in the area of Lawton? Also - anyone on here in that area? Perhaps we'll be able to meet up for some rides on the weekends.
    Bill
    2004 Discovery II
    1983 Jeep CJ7

Build Thread:
    http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...ad.php?t=27180

Stockton(why, I do not know yet!)/rackerby, ca.
    lemmee guess...Ft Sill in rotten Lawton? Been many many moons since I've been there so can't help ya much, but wish you the best cuz it's not as bad as I may have described it, it's just the name my brother gave it while he was stationed there. He went from the beach, the surf, the girls to....well, Lawton!
    "When you need one, you wish you had one"-Land Rover! '03 Discovery II, CDL with '04 linkage, 2"OME lift, 265/75R16Toyo MT's on Pro Comps, sliders ,Rovertym front bumper with 9k Superwinch, diff guards, still bangin' steel on the rest of the stuff...

Yeah - I've been there before, so I'm prepared - but its still gonna be rough leaving behind the SoCal lifestyle.
    Bill
    2004 Discovery II
    1983 Jeep CJ7

Build Thread:

Lawton = FAIL

Sorry dude.

Unfortunately I know that all too well Street Wolf. You can bet I'll be coming down to Wichita Falls to link up sometime.
    Bill
    2004 Discovery II
    1983 Jeep CJ7

Build Thread:

Quote Originally Posted by grasshopper104 View Post
    Unfortunately I know that all too well Street Wolf. You can bet I'll be coming down to Wichita Falls to link up sometime.
    Sounds good, just send me a message and we'll do something.

(Not that Wichita Falls has a lot to offer either)

Wow - so this place is much worse than I remember it. I did however see a sweet disco when i pulled in to town - had an SD rack and was towing a trailer into Lowes. Hopefully I'll run into him again and hit the trails on the weekends.
    Bill
    2004 Discovery II
    1983 Jeep CJ7

Build Thread:

Thumbs up

Sports and classics in goldsby, ok (about 1 1/2 hrs NW of Lawton) Phone # (405) 363-2888. Good honest folks that know rovers. You won't find them in the phone book but they have been in buisnees for 20 yrs and have never had to have their name in it or run adds they thrive on word of mouth and to me that says it all. I can't say enough about these guys you will find everthing from old restoration rovers to big $ lambos in the shop, and will be treated the same no matter what you bring in. I'm sure there is someone closer to or in lawton but other than the militay folks NOTHING in Lawton is worth a @#%! imho

On another note:
    There is some great (for Oklahoma) rock climbing and hiking to be had in the wildlife refuge north of Ft. Sill,check out Meers (just north of the refuge)for a great longhorn burger and homemade cobbler & ice cream. You should also head up to pegasus Skydiving in Chickashaw, great place to jump &/or learn how to fall out of plane.

Quote Originally Posted by Al D2 View Post
    Sports and classics in goldsby, ok (about 1 1/2 hrs NW of Lawton) Phone # (405) 363-2888 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting*censored**censored **censored**censored**censored**censored**censored **censored**censored**censored**censored**censored **censored**censored*(405) 363-2888*censored**censored**censored**censored**censo red**censored*end_of_the_skype_highlighting. Good honest folks that know rovers. You won't find them in the phone book but they have been in buisnees for 20 yrs and have never had to have their name in it or run adds they thrive on word of mouth and to me that says it all. I can't say enough about these guys you will find everthing from old restoration rovers to big $ lambos in the shop, and will be treated the same no matter what you bring in. I'm sure there is someone closer to or in lawton but other than the militay folks NOTHING in Lawton is worth a @#%! imho

On another note:
    There is some great (for Oklahoma) rock climbing and hiking to be had in the wildlife refuge north of Ft. Sill,check out Meers (just north of the refuge)for a great longhorn burger and homemade cobbler & ice cream. You should also head up to pegasus Skydiving in Chickashaw, great place to jump &/or learn how to fall out of plane.
    Ahh - the Meersburger! I know that place well. The Dry Beaver Supper Club is another good one. Thanks for the info Al, hopefully I won't need them - but at least i have their info now.
    Bill
    2004 Discovery II
    1983 Jeep CJ7

Build Thread: