Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LR4 lack of fuel door interlock

LR4 lack of fuel door interlock

My cousin just bought a new 2010 LR4 and the fuel door is supposed to be interlocked with the same mechanism that controls the power doors, but when he received the vehicle from the dealer this was not the case; the dealer reply was the disclaimer in the owners manual that "specifications may change without notice". Any insight would be appreciated!
    Last edited by jmhogan; 06-21-2010 at 04:22 PM.

The Holy Grail .........

This is an avenue to seek the correct answer ;

http://www.landrover.com/us/en/lr/co...us/contact-us/

No fuel door lock?

What I gather you are saying is that the gas cap door of the LR4 does not lock and does not have a lock either. I can believe that.

The gas cap door of the North America spec LR3's do not lock either. In the EU, the doors have a locking mechanism but LRAmerica regards premium unleaded fuel as cheap relatively speaking, so no lock is apparently required.

And yes, the LR3 handbook also infers the door has a lock but ....

It kind of depends how you read it - if you think the lock is already there, (or should be ), well that is what you tend to understand from the words.

Those cunning Old Worlders.
    2005 LR3 HSE 4.4L V8 petrol; 18" x 10 spoke wheels; Traxide Dual Battery; PIAA 2500K H11 Yellow Ion Fog light bulbs; Rear Cargo area LED lighting; CounterAct LT-2 capacitive corrosion device; LLumar AIR80 Blue Low E clear Infra Red heat reducing side window tint; Upper liftgate cable release; Schrader valve "air in" mod to OEM air tank; Akebono ceramic pads on OEM solid vented discs; 3 Blink signal light mod; Clock on the Dash; LR4 shorter hitch receiver; Backup Camera; 2015/16 Nav data update.

No locking mechanism on mine... I'm shocked!
    '96 Disco SD - 33" BFG's, 4.6 Motor, ARB Rear Locker, Ashcroft Front Locker, Ashcroft HD R&P (4.12), Rover Tracks HD F & R Axles, QT F & R Diff Guards, 2" OME Lift, OME Front Shocks, Terrafirma Big Bore Rear Shocks, 2" Rovertym Body Lift, Rovertym F & R Bumpers, Rovertym Front & Gas Tank Skid Plates, Rovertym Rock Sliders, Rover Tracks HD Drag Link, Rover Tracks HD High Clearance Tie Rod, Rover Tracks Steering Damper Relocation Kit, Rover Tracks Rear Trailing Arms, Tom Woods F & R Drive Shafts.

From my understanding and what I have seen the NAS vehicles to not have locking fuel doors on the lr4..

Anti siphon mechanism inside I think.

There is supposed to be some sort of anti siphon whatever to make it difficult to steal gasoline, but that does not stop something being added, or more correctly, give one an indication of tampering.

If it makes all feel better, everyone assumes that there is a lock so .... and Land Rovers are so rare that the word really does not get out.
    2005 LR3 HSE 4.4L V8 petrol; 18" x 10 spoke wheels; Traxide Dual Battery; PIAA 2500K H11 Yellow Ion Fog light bulbs; Rear Cargo area LED lighting; CounterAct LT-2 capacitive corrosion device; LLumar AIR80 Blue Low E clear Infra Red heat reducing side window tint; Upper liftgate cable release; Schrader valve "air in" mod to OEM air tank; Akebono ceramic pads on OEM solid vented discs; 3 Blink signal light mod; Clock on the Dash; LR4 shorter hitch receiver; Backup Camera; 2015/16 Nav data update.

After the lr3 came out and people were concerned about a non locking fuel door i talked with a lr dealer tech and he said that there is not a way to suck out the gas and in fact there are times they have to ship the trucks without fuel and they just let the trucks idle until the tank is empty.
    Mark D

2005 LR3
    2000 Discovery II OME 2" lift

I was pretty surprised when I got an LR3 (2006, bought 2010) to find that it didn't have a locking fuel door as my 1992 RRC does have one and so does my son's 2002 Disco 2. I find some comfort in the appearance that is must be locking as there's no obvious way to open it. Mostly though I don't worry about it due to living way out in the country.

Granville aka Gran or Granny
    '06 LR3 SE7 V8
    North California Wine Country
    http://home.comcast.net/~teacupfarm/index.html

IF they add a lock EVERYWHERE else, then why not put on the ones here? Regardless of cost of fuel. Because it adds .5lbs per truck to ship? I don't know. You can make excuses for Land Rover all you want, but it sure looks like a cheap bastard feature delete to me. Downhill, year after year.
    Nick

Did I just notice your signature says "Now with 3 car seats!"? Do tell....
    Kevin
    KJ6IBK

2005 LR3 aka "The StormTrooper" - Coil Suspension, RS Stage 1 Sliders, Cooper Zeon LTZ 285/60R18's, Snorkel, Hannibal Roof Rack
    2007 LR3 SE7 aka "The Adventurer" - BFG 265/65R18's, RS Stage 3 Sliders, ARB Deluxe Winch Bull Bar, BajaRack RTT Rack