Thread: remap for my D3

remap for my D3

Got my new map from BBS this morning, very fast service seeing as I only ordered it on Sunday.

Was it difficult to load?? No, it was dead easy, I just followed the procedure through the Flash File Loader and Vehicle Explorer during my lunch break, (couldn't wait!) took about 5 minutes and was finished. I hadn't looked at the procedure prior to this so it was so easy. After the mandatory 2 operations of the ignition key I had grandpa nap for 30 minutes and started it up, no problems, goes like a rocket now!

Acceleration is close to instantaneous, the torque has improved markedly which makes the D3 very fast off the mark, (I use the torque not the accelerator pedal), turbo lag is there but very little compared to before and my economy has bettered by around 3.5 MPG although it is early days yet.

All in all a I am very happy with the result

Cool

Thanks... You're just slapping us Americans in the face. That's just mean, you know we don't get to enjoy a the fantasticness that is TDI.

Hahaha.... That's cool you get to have fun with your efficent powerplant. We just get to spend more on gas because we can (have to).
    Kimo, Kathryn, Kaylyn, Kaleb and usually 1 or 2 other victims.

2001 Disco 2 SE7
    D1 CDL Linkage
    OME 766/763 lift 2" spacer and a D1 rear perch, EE Retained.
    10" Schroeder Valve 7100s in the front...12" SB 7100s 400/100 in the rear
    33 12.50 15 BFG KM2s
    EBC Rotors and Pads
    Bottorf lil' Guy Winch bumper with $3 High lift mounts.
    Bottorf Rear Bumper w/ swing away
    Roverland Sliders
    Tom Woods Front shaft (goes nice with the fresh cats and new tranny... ugh... Trans #3 now)