Thread: Portal ever coming back?

Portal ever coming back?

Since there are so many sub forums here, I feel the portal was a vital part of the site. I'm not complaining or anything but I feel that I am visiting this site much less often than I used to because I usually like to jump on for a little while catch up with everything and then get on with other things. It takes much more time to click through the individual categories and just those few minutes more steers me away. Also I always have the feeling I am missing something new or of interest because I don't take the time to go through ALL the categores. (some people post about certain topics in different areas than I would commonly look, therefore I miss it) Am I the only one that feels like this? I would HATE to see this site get less popular and die down at all.

The portal was awesome, but the new posts button works ok.
    NCLR VP HAM KJ7RRC
    93 LWB RRC 3 inch rte lt-230, 35x12.5/15 bfg km2, GBR 4.14 with trutracs front and rear, Rovertracks front Hd axles and cv's, Ashcroft Hd rear axles,
    Rte rear trailing arms,Warn 8k, Custom bumpers front and rear, Flowmaster exhaust ,custom sliders GRB F+R driveshaft, RTE steering links. 12 in Bilstien 7100's

I loved the portal too...the new posts button, although not a flashy as the portal, is the way to go.....every new post since the last time I signed in...and unlike the portal, it is not limited to like 10 or so......
    It's about people and the Land Rovers that own them.
    01 DII : 95 RRC LWB : 88 RRC SWB

That and bread crumb navigation at the post level, it seems once I read a post I have to use "back" to get to the navigation or sub forum..If you ask me, the information is TOO broken down..it's like a huge scavenger hunt to find something.
    DII - Armor front and sides. Lot's of gadgets and leaks.

I hardly ever stop by anymore, because the 'portal' is gone. I use 'today's posts' from the 'quick links' drop down which is similar, but can figure out how to get that to show up on one of the 8 thumbnails on Chrome.

-Jeff
    All it needs is just a little luvin'

Raise your hand if you're a Portal Fan!!
    Sasquatch Rods, GoodYear Wrangler MTR 275/65/18, ARB BullBar, EP9.0, Hella 4000's Cornering

Yes, I loved having the portal but haven't complained because I figured that Tony was probably working on it and would have it back if he could. I'm very grateful for the forum, with or without the portal.

Granville aka Gran or Granny
    '06 LR3 SE7 V8
    North California Wine Country
    http://home.comcast.net/~teacupfarm/index.html

I too am a portal fan. and now visit the site less frequently. I do use the "new posts" or "todays posts" link, but I definitely don't like it as much and it has affected how often I frequent LRRF.

IIRC, Tony said that when he upgraded there were some issues and the portal was less important than getting the site back up and running. I do believe he said he would look into it after all the "upgrade issues" were solved.

We'll see what he says.
    1995 LWB
    2004 D2
    2008 E350
    2013 Impreza

BLR #000
    NCLR #42
    SCLR #592

Tony has a ton on his plate and adding this forum's software upgrades/issues has to be a lot.... With all change comes change.....
    It's about people and the Land Rovers that own them.
    01 DII : 95 RRC LWB : 88 RRC SWB

Quote Originally Posted by badfysh View Post
    I too am a portal fan. and now visit the site less frequently. I do use the "new posts" or "todays posts" link, but I definitely don't like it as much and it has affected how often I frequent LRRF.

IIRC, Tony said that when he upgraded there were some issues and the portal was less important than getting the site back up and running. I do believe he said he would look into it after all the "upgrade issues" were solved.

We'll see what he says.
    Yes I do remember Tony saying that he was looking in to it...and I'm not complaining, at all. It just had me a little worried that I find myself not coming here as often and would hate it to be a major debbie downer if a big majority of users were feeling the same and in time really killing off the site.