Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ban this spammer please

It was before my time and I never got the specifics on it, the policy has been in place since long before I became a mod there (5 years ago!)

On the other hand, it's sometimes helpful to be able (as mods) to go in and read posts that were deleted and see some items that were posted, what kind of spam and so on. I've sort of wished for a few times here when dealing with someone and wanting to check their history and compare IP addresses, that sort of thing...
    '91 RRC-4.2, R380, LT230, GDE bumper with Smittybuilt 8K winch, Custom 3" lift, 33's, Equipe trailing arms, Rock Ware sliders, Custom diff guards, Maxyedor HD steering, TT/Detroit, Rovertracks axles
    '61 Series II 88"
    '95 D90
    '94 RRC County LWB

"There are three kinds of men: The one that learns by reading, the few who learn by observation and the rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -Will Rogers

Ban jklm509

Spam messages on three different threads by
    jklm509

Granville aka Gran or Granny
    '06 LR3 SE7 V8
    North California Wine Country
    http://home.comcast.net/~teacupfarm/index.html

Got him...thanks, Granville!
    '91 RRC-4.2, R380, LT230, GDE bumper with Smittybuilt 8K winch, Custom 3" lift, 33's, Equipe trailing arms, Rock Ware sliders, Custom diff guards, Maxyedor HD steering, TT/Detroit, Rovertracks axles
    '61 Series II 88"
    '95 D90
    '94 RRC County LWB

"There are three kinds of men: The one that learns by reading, the few who learn by observation and the rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -Will Rogers

got another one... two different threads

richjanitorev

He's history. Thanks!
    '61 Series II 88"
    '95 D90
    '94 RRC County LWB

Everyone:

The easiest and best way to report spam is to simply click on the red triangle in the upper right-hand corner of any spam post you come across. You'll get a form you can quickly fill out and submit which will then send a Reported Post message to all moderators and admins, and we can then click on it and be taken directly to the spam post where we can deal with the spammer and any and all other posts he may have made.

This way we don't need to search for the user and his posts, and we are alerted much more quickly. Not to mention, we're not left with extra posts scattered around the forums after the spam has been removed.

Thanks for all your help and vigilance. This is a battle that we sometimes feel we're losing, but the faster we can deal with these pricks, the less time they have to pollute our forum.
    '61 Series II 88"
    '95 D90
    '94 RRC County LWB

I have now turned off new automatic registrations.

Spammers have finally gotten to me, I spend so much time
    trying to sift through new registrations and would be spammers
    that I have hardly enough time to even read any posts nowadays.

I personally review every new registration and then try and delete
    if it looks like a spammer. Now this will need to happen before anyone
    new is allowed to post. This basically means any new members will need
    to be patient until I have time to move them into new users. Any user
    fields that are not filled out correctly or honestly will automatically be
    dumper.

If this last effort doesn't work then I am planning on shutting down
    new user registrations period.
    Tony - Cerrone's European LRRForums Store

1999 Disco II - aka Black Cobra - Daily Driver
    2006 Range Rover HSE aka Wife's Rig

If we (mods) can help in any way to take some of this new load off of you Tony, just let us know.
    '61 Series II 88"
    '95 D90
    '94 RRC County LWB

Quote Originally Posted by TigerDan View Post
    If we (mods) can help in any way to take some of this new load off of you Tony, just let us know.
    Thanks Dan.

Your guys do more than enough.. Alot, get past me and you guys
    keep it filtered on the site. I was out of town this weekend and had
    about 50 spammers I needed to delete last night. You guys got some
    and I wiped them out. Then, this morning, 3 new ones. Never ending..
    Tony - Cerrone's European LRRForums Store

1999 Disco II - aka Black Cobra - Daily Driver
    2006 Range Rover HSE aka Wife's Rig