Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need 6 More for Group-Buy of Trasharoo's "Off-Road Spare Tire Trash Bag"

I think putting the buckles on the bottom. If you could drop staps down from the top it would be easier then having to pull them up from the bottom. Let gravity work for you here! Other than something easy like that I wouldn't change anything...the only thing that will make it "easy" is having a swing away!

My only concern with a bungee or rubber strap would be strength when you have it full of stuff bouncing down the trail...

I really like the idea though...keeping it outside. I have used it for my duck hunting waders and plan to use it for dive gear too.

Quote Originally Posted by leeawalden View Post
    I think putting the buckles on the bottom.
    That would salve the problem entirely. I don't think even an anorexic 6 year old could fit their hands in there and clip the straps together on mine. I think the D1 must have less clearance than a D2, my 235/85s with stock alloys touched the door, my 33/12.5s on steel wheels with extra offset are about .00000000001" away from the door. If the buckles were either at the top or the bottom, I could attach it, the way it is now, not so much.
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, then you have an electrical problem.

Quote Originally Posted by leeawalden View Post
    I think putting the buckles on the bottom. If you could drop staps down from the top it would be easier then having to pull them up from the bottom. Let gravity work for you here! Other than something easy like that I wouldn't change anything...

I really like the idea though...keeping it outside. I have used it for my duck hunting waders and plan to use it for dive gear too.
    Thanks Maxyedor and Leeawalden, I suggested this to Dave from Trasharoo...
    NCLR BOD www.nclrclub.org

SPOT Adventures: http://www.spotadventures.com/user/p...?user_id=47904

Tread Lightly Trainer

2004 Java Black D2 SE7 "Family AUV" - All-Around Utility Vehicle

1990 CT D110 "Support and Touring Vehicle"

1990 White RRC - Dedicated "Trail Rig"

Trasharoo 2.0 is Here

Ok, Trashoroo is back and better w/version 2.

First, it can be used on rear tires up to 40" tall (prev version only up to 35");

2nd, longer strap allowing (Disco 1) w/tight spacing to adjust the strap so you can access the buckle eaiser;

3rd new desert tan color avail; mesh pocket for easy access e.g. gloves, etc...;

4th same durable material but larger main bag for hauling wood or larger trash bags.

Best part = lower price. Prev model retails for $49.95 - $10 for group buy price = $39.95. New group buy price $34.95. $5.00 less. See worth waiting!

The # interested buys in NCLR has increased to 15 since this post, so we just need 5 more to complete the 20 needed and get the $34.95 group buy pricing (otherwise ea pays retails if you were to buy on your own). Post if interested!

Now Avail in Desert Tan; new wire mesh pockets; larger size to haul wood or bigger trash bags

Longer Adjustrable Straps

Avail in Green

Straps can be adjusted to be closer to the edge (see pic below)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trasharoo Pic 1.jpg  
    Last edited by RonCT110; 03-24-2010 at 09:07 PM.

Tread Lightly Trainer

I'd like to know if the longer straps help at all in getting it on the tire...I could reach the end of the straps to pull on to tighten it (after the PITA of clipping them), but I needed to get my hand on the buckle, securing it, so it would actually begin to tighten. I could barely get one hand back there, muchless both. After you get it so tight you need a hand on the buckle and on the end of the strap...that was my problem. Seems like it would have been a lot easier and cheaper to just put the clips on the bottom or on the top...let us know how it works

Hey Ron, Is it too late to get in on the group buy? I think I need to get one of these.
    Kimo, Kathryn, Kaylyn, Kaleb and usually 1 or 2 other victims.

2001 Disco 2 SE7
    D1 CDL Linkage
    OME 766/763 lift 2" spacer and a D1 rear perch, EE Retained.
    10" Schroeder Valve 7100s in the front...12" SB 7100s 400/100 in the rear
    33 12.50 15 BFG KM2s
    EBC Rotors and Pads
    Bottorf lil' Guy Winch bumper with $3 High lift mounts.
    Bottorf Rear Bumper w/ swing away
    Roverland Sliders
    Tom Woods Front shaft (goes nice with the fresh cats and new tranny... ugh... Trans #3 now)

Quote Originally Posted by Kimo View Post
    Hey Ron, Is it too late to get in on the group buy? I think I need to get one of these.
    For you, not at all.

I went ahead and paid for all 20 given the got 16 solid orders; know that eventually someone local will want one. So I have 4 to spare and one is for you. Do you want green or tan?

If you noticed, Trasharoo's site said they are out. David from Trasharoo placed a container size order and we made it in. Should be getting the bags by mid or 3rd week of May.

I will PM you where you can mail the check; thanks! c yah!

Tread Lightly Trainer

Hmmm... Green or tan... not sure. I like the green color better but maybe the tan will be more subtle against my gold rig. Should I start a poll? hehehe.

Anyhow, you're the man Ron!
    Kimo, Kathryn, Kaylyn, Kaleb and usually 1 or 2 other victims.

2001 Disco 2 SE7
    D1 CDL Linkage
    OME 766/763 lift 2" spacer and a D1 rear perch, EE Retained.
    10" Schroeder Valve 7100s in the front...12" SB 7100s 400/100 in the rear
    33 12.50 15 BFG KM2s
    EBC Rotors and Pads
    Bottorf lil' Guy Winch bumper with $3 High lift mounts.
    Bottorf Rear Bumper w/ swing away
    Roverland Sliders
    Tom Woods Front shaft (goes nice with the fresh cats and new tranny... ugh... Trans #3 now)

Quote Originally Posted by Kimo View Post
    Hmmm... Green or tan... not sure. I like the green color better but maybe the tan will be more subtle against my gold rig. Should I start a poll? hehehe.

Anyhow, you're the man Ron!
    Thanks Kimo; hope you enjoy your new Trasharoo bags.

Here are pictures of it on my DII. By the way, I have 4 extra Trasharoo bags. Group buy was $34.95 + tax/shipping comes to $39 and some odd change.

Let's round it off to $40 for each. Local buyer preferred open to others if you pay shipping (anyways from $6 to $10 via USPS Priority Mail).

We can meet @ Mexxis for lunch or dinner.

Have a great wknd everyone!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1 Trasharoo Bag on the back of DII.JPG   2 Pan View.JPG   3 Easy to Install Strap on the DII.JPG   4 Zipper Compartment for straps or other gears.JPG   5 Small pockets for gloves or shackles or other gears.JPG  

6 Easy to Remove.JPG  

Tread Lightly Trainer