Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need 6 More for Group-Buy of Trasharoo's "Off-Road Spare Tire Trash Bag"

Need 6 More for Group-Buy of Trasharoo's "Off-Road Spare Tire Trash Bag"

Ok, started a group-buy for Trasharoo's Trasharoo's "Off-Road Spare Tire Trash Bag" @ www.nclrclub.org

We have 9 local orders from NCLR club members already, need 6 more - figured post here and see if we can get 6 locals to speed-up/wrap up this order before the end of this month.

Instead of using standard household plastic trash bag on the back of your trail rig which is bound to break or storing stink trash bags inside the vehicle, Dave from Treashoo has a great solution called Trasharoo Bags: http://www.trasharoo.com/TRASHAROO%20/TRASHAROO.html

You can also use it to store wet suits, muddy/dirty recovery strap, or trash found on the trail.

Introductory price is $49.95 + tax and shipping. Our group buy price is $39.95. $10 off. Est CA tax is about $3.50 + shared shipping cost of $2.50-3 per person.

So about $46-47 tax and shipping included you get a quality trash holder, water proof (no leaks), made of 900 denier nylon, heavy duty attachments to your spare tire.

Like to place the order by the end of the month so we can get em by mid Feb. I'll pay for the entire order in advance; will collect $46-47 from each, and distribute ea to you when the order comes-in during one of the following events (you pick - I will be there):

- 3rd Annual NCLR Snow Run Feb 19-21 (Shaver Lake, CA)

- March 6 NCLR MORG (Monthly Off-Road Gathering) (Hollister, CA)

- NCLR Attending Tread Lightly Trainer Course March 20 (San Jose, CA)

- Mexxis www.mexxis.com (pick a Sat I am avail to meet you there)

Post here if you want-in; 9 already ordered (NCLR members) just need 6 more to complete the group-buy; save $10 and use the idea heavy bag for hauling trail/pack it in & pack it out.

Last edited by RonCT110; 01-20-2010 at 02:46 PM.
    NCLR BOD www.nclrclub.org

SPOT Adventures: http://www.spotadventures.com/user/p...?user_id=47904

Tread Lightly Trainer

2004 Java Black D2 SE7 "Family AUV" - All-Around Utility Vehicle

1990 CT D110 "Support and Touring Vehicle"

1990 White RRC - Dedicated "Trail Rig"

I have a Trasharoo. They are fantastic.
    LR3 related tips and misc info: http://lr3tips.wordpress.com/.
    Off road and family adventure photography: www.nwoods.smugmug.com

Ron, Should that price be $46-$47 dollars? Or is the $10 discount applied to the $39.95 price?

-Chris D.
    Chris D.
    "Alabama Red" MUDY_OVL
    '95 DI

Hate to say it, because it may kill the group buy, but, they won't fit a Diso with big tires. I have one and there's just no physical way to get it on the spare tire, too little room to get in there and clip it together. Otherwise they're rad.
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, then you have an electrical problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudy_ovl View Post
    Ron, Should that price be $46-$47 dollars? Or is the $10 discount applied to the $39.95 price?

-Chris D.
    Hey Chris, the $39.95 is after the $10 taken out of the $49.95.

And yes, I am bad with math when in a hurry posting ; the price is $46-$47 ($39.95 + est tax $3.50 + est shipping 2.50). Thanks for the correction.

Tread Lightly Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by maxyedor View Post
    Hate to say it, because it may kill the group buy, but, they won't fit a Diso with big tires. I have one and there's just no physical way to get it on the spare tire, too little room to get in there and clip it together. Otherwise they're rad.
    Dave tells me the Trasharoo bag fits 30"-35" tires; extension to fit 36-40" is in the works so if you have larger tires, you may want to wait.

Tread Lightly Trainer

The straps will fit around the tire, the problem is that you can't get your hands behind he tire and in the mount to snap them. Same size tire on a swing-away like Elliott's is no problem.
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, then you have an electrical problem.

Quote Originally Posted by maxyedor View Post
    The straps will fit around the tire, the problem is that you can't get your hands behind he tire and in the mount to snap them. Same size tire on a swing-away like Elliott's is no problem.
    Got it Max. Now I know what you are taking about.

Good feedback and helps with expectation so folks are not surprised - I don't think it will kill the group buy - see below.

Dave and I chatted via email after reading this post, and he said tire brackets like on ours (LR DI and DII) similar to the FJ Cruiser and Jeep Wrangler some times you have to feed the strap through and grab it from the bottom. But it does work. It just takes some negotiating.

Here's a picture of Trasharoo X strap:

Attached pic is of a 31" BFG MTR on the back of my DII so now I see what your taking about being hard to feed thru the tire bracket.

And of course if you have custom tire carriers like Elliot's, you're fine.

Dave also suggested that it can by adjusting one side of the strap all the way out (buckle), feeding it through and snapping the other side (where access is easier), and then pulling the strap to tighten it.

Or get your tiny tot or my 7 year old w/smaller hands to do it/and unstrap it (that's my suggestion not Dave (smile)).

Dave also mentioned to me that he has not had one returned due to not workable; he even has folks using the Trasharoo on the rear ladders.

Post if any other questions/concerns, and will get back asap.

Hope this helps!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LR DII Rear Tire (Door Open) Pic 1.JPG  
    Last edited by RonCT110; 01-20-2010 at 04:37 PM.

Tread Lightly Trainer

I won one at a raffle...You can get it on there but it is a PITA with stock alloys...if you put an offset tire on there it wouldn't be near as bad, a swing away would be best. I had to let it ALMOST all the way out to fit it around a 275/70/18.

Quote Originally Posted by leeawalden View Post
    I won one at a raffle...You can get it on there but it is a PITA with stock alloys...if you put an offset tire on there it wouldn't be near as bad, a swing away would be best. I had to let it ALMOST all the way out to fit it around a 275/70/18.
    Thanks leewalden.

Curious since you (I wanted to ask Maxyedor this question also) have the chance to strap and unstrap the Trasharoo, what improvements would you suggest to make it easier to secure the Trasharoo on the back of the tire/tire bracket like on our DI/DIIs.

Would the making buckle strap closer to the top make it easier, or perhaps metal rings sawn on the Trasharoo bag and cross connected w/two rubber tarp strap or adj carabiner end strap:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trasharoo.jpg  

Tread Lightly Trainer