Thread: My new (to me) Combi Camp trailer

My new (to me) Combi Camp trailer

Just scored this Danish-built '85 Combi Camp tent trailer the other day. I've kinda had my eye on it for a while, just down the street from my dad's house. I dropped in on the guy on Saturday and asked him if he wanted to get rid of it, he said, "You wanna haul it off right now? I was just going to take it apart and dump it..."

I said yes, I'd definitely take it off his hands...

I picked it up Monday, towed it home and opened it up. The tent is in surprisingly good condition, very little repair needed. The floor is a little spongy and there are a few cosmetic issues to deal with and he'd removed the tail lights to use on another trailer, but other than that, I could just about use it right now. It'll make it's debut at Shaver Lake. It only weighs about 300 pounds, my Rover barely knows it's there...

I plan to do some modifications: a bit of lift, bigger tires, a small kitchen unit like the newer models have but that stows on the tongue, maybe a shower unit...the possibilities are endless. There was an optional add-on room that could zip to the side, I'm hoping to find one somewhere (or have on made) but I'll just use an EZ-Up for the time being. It's amazing how quick and simple it is to open and close.

The attached pics at the bottom are of my unit, the first four are linked from a VW page I found that shows how simple it is to set up and what it looks like with the added room.

This thing is cool!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1854.JPG   IMG_1852.JPG   IMG_1851.JPG  
    Last edited by TigerDan; 12-30-2009 at 07:51 PM.
    '91 RRC-4.2, R380, LT230, GDE bumper with Smittybuilt 8K winch, Custom 3" lift, 33's, Equipe trailing arms, Rock Ware sliders, Custom diff guards, Maxyedor HD steering, TT/Detroit, Rovertracks axles
    '61 Series II 88"
    '95 D90
    '94 RRC County LWB

"There are three kinds of men: The one that learns by reading, the few who learn by observation and the rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -Will Rogers

Even Jette replied, WTF?? What do the Danes know about trailers? And she's DANISH!!! Good score Dan!

nice score...almost got one before, but someone else p/u faster....nice
    It's about people and the Land Rovers that own them.
    01 DII : 95 RRC LWB : 88 RRC SWB

Great score Dan...you ARE the man!!
    "Imagination rules the world."

-Napolean Bonaparte

Dan that trailer is SWEEEEET! Way easier to set up than my Apache Eagle and lighter too. Wanna trade? ;-) J/K. That is a great find and will do you well at Shaver Lake.

If you add a lift, you will need to buy some blocks to place under the "floor" section to allow it to sit level when the trailer is open. Just FYI.

-Chris D.
    Chris D.
    "Alabama Red" MUDY_OVL
    '95 DI

Stockton(why, I do not know yet!)/rackerby, ca.
    Guess I'll be bringing my "Trailer Park Troubadors" CD to liven it up a little!
    "When you need one, you wish you had one"-Land Rover! '03 Discovery II, CDL with '04 linkage, 2"OME lift, 265/75R16Toyo MT's on Pro Comps, sliders ,Rovertym front bumper with 9k Superwinch, diff guards, still bangin' steel on the rest of the stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Mudy_ovl View Post
    Dan that trailer is SWEEEEET! Way easier to set up than my Apache Eagle and lighter too. Wanna trade? ;-) J/K. That is a great find and will do you well at Shaver Lake.

If you add a lift, you will need to buy some blocks to place under the "floor" section to allow it to sit level when the trailer is open. Just FYI.

-Chris D.
    Actually, I'd planned to make little telescoping legs and weld them into the corners of the rack for just that purpose...
    '91 RRC-4.2, R380, LT230, GDE bumper with Smittybuilt 8K winch, Custom 3" lift, 33's, Equipe trailing arms, Rock Ware sliders, Custom diff guards, Maxyedor HD steering, TT/Detroit, Rovertracks axles
    '61 Series II 88"
    '95 D90
    '94 RRC County LWB

"There are three kinds of men: The one that learns by reading, the few who learn by observation and the rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -Will Rogers

Nice Dan!
    1994 RRC LWB
    My projects: www.mmacrue.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @mmacrue