Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is everyone mounting co2?

Where is everyone mounting co2?

Picked up my 10lb CO2 setup this afternoon.....Have to love craigslist. Where does everyone mount theres at? Does it have to mount straight up and down? I was orginally thinking in the cargo area behind the rear wheels, but wanted to see what everyone else is doing as well....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AIR.jpg  

in the rear where the jumpseats/storage bins go.

1992 RRC
    1994 Toyota Pickup

We've got a long way to go and a short time to get there.

And make sure you mount it vertically.

I mounted it on the drivers side in the rear, pulled out the cubby box...I mounted a scrap piece of aluminum (~12x20) that filled up the big squre center gap in the seat bracket (when you pull the rear trim out you will see what I am talking about), then mounted the bracket to the plate so it secure...I'll snap a picture later on.

here you go.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FSU FAN 014.jpg   FSU FAN 015.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by stu454 View Post
    And make sure you mount it vertically.
    Little late, but, it does not matter which way you mount it, only which way your use it. You have to have it vertical when you're using it because the Co2 is a liquid, for storage with the valve closed, doesn't matter.
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, then you have an electrical problem.

mounted mine on the rear door
    01 D2
    D1 CDL kit,ARB snorkel,Ashcroft axles,ARBs and 4.12 gears front & rear,Terra Firma 3" lift w/shocks,HiCountry front winch bumper w/ warn 9.5XP,rear bumper w/swing out tire carrier,20lbs Power Tank,kenwood TMG707,cobra 19dx and Lowrance Elite-5m Baja gps, Hella lighting

I have a 20 lb tank, and I keep it in the boot, on it's side. I keep the gauge, hose, etc separate and put it on the tank when I use it.

I used to use CO2 in the Jeep but eventually went with an A/C conversion and expansion tank because I could never get a handle on when the CO2 was about to run out (Hence the 20 lb tank, LOL) So now that I have a rig with windows, doors etc I want to keep the AC in tact. Does anybody here have a reliable way to tell when the tank is almost out of CO2?

My guages don't tell me nuffin ;-P

Oh I should mention I averaged 10-11 tire inflations with 33" tires airing up from 10-12 LBs up to 25 lbs (then I stop at a gas station to finish the air up)
    2006 LR3 SE Onroad
    1994 D1 Offroad

You can weigh your tank empty and then full, that should give you a good idea of how much is left.

-Sam