Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving back to a family member.

Lightbulb Giving back to a family member.

If you frequently come around these parts, you may have seen this thread:

http://www.lrrforums.com/showthread.php?t=13866

Ironically, I met Scott via these forums and then over the phone after he had been involved in a roll over accident on his way to SoCal with his family. I was able to help Scott through the claims process, and a friendship was formed.

I have talked with Scott many times and have been honored enough to have met Olga and his beautiful girls. Scott exemplifies a person with a can do spirit and I know that it was in due, and for a huge part, to the family he was part of. It saddened me to hear of his loss and wondered if there was something I could do for my friend.

Ironically, Evan, z31dude, had the same thoughts. Now, Evan and I have talked a ton of times on the phone, via the forums etc and much like how I became friends with Scott, we have never met. Evan said he wondered if there was something he could do, a way to reach out to a member of the community. He called me with the idea and I called Scott. If you know Scott, he is not one to receive, he is most comfortable giving.

So, from an idea and action by Evan and the collaboration of both of us, the following was brought forth:

I can not fathom how emotional and difficult things are for the Miller family. Scott is excited about a work day to get his trucks running well, as they may need to be sold. He needs the friendship and most importantly, the mental diversion. I for one can't guess at their needs right now and Evan and I both agree just getting something to them they can use is most important.....but how. You may not know them, or like me you do but how do you do this.....how do you give?

So, in this season of giving, if you feel so moved, Evan and I would like to offer you a way to give to a member of our LR community. Someone who tries to give back to the community when he can. Below is an email address that can be used via PayPal to send money to the Miller family that they can use now. I know, PayPal has fees....if you choose "personal" and "gift" it allows you to pay that fee for them if you want. This money that may pay for a meal, or bills or allow Scott to get the girls something they need. All Scott knows really, is that if money arrives, he is to use it how he needs to.....

lrsafari@comcast.net

The money goes direct to Scott. No one in between.....from you.

Thank you for reading, thank you for your thoughts and prayers and if you can, thank you for giving to our friend Scott.
    Last edited by astateofmike; 12-09-2009 at 11:26 AM.
    It's about people and the Land Rovers that own them.
    01 DII : 95 RRC LWB : 88 RRC SWB

I just gave what I could......Such a great feeling......

bump

Cool Idea Mike. You are correct giving back is a great feeling.

Family/friends are the most important the most things in the world.
    It's important that we band together for a rover family member in need. Whether it's help changing a flat or matters closer to the heart such as this. This is a brotherhood!

Elliott
    1992 RRC
    1994 Toyota Pickup

We've got a long way to go and a short time to get there.

Killer idea guys! But what if I don't have PayPal? Can I send him a personal check?
    1994 RRC LWB
    My projects: www.mmacrue.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @mmacrue

you can...I'd have to get an address for you.......but I can and will for you.

Quote Originally Posted by astateofmike View Post
    you can...I'd have to get an address for you.......but I can and will for you.
    cool, pm me
    1994 RRC LWB
    My projects: www.mmacrue.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @mmacrue

Stockton(why, I do not know yet!)/rackerby, ca.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenmd View Post
    Killer idea guys! But what if I don't have PayPal? Can I send him a personal check?
    Ping me a PM as well!
    "When you need one, you wish you had one"-Land Rover! '03 Discovery II, CDL with '04 linkage, 2"OME lift, 265/75R16Toyo MT's on Pro Comps, sliders ,Rovertym front bumper with 9k Superwinch, diff guards, still bangin' steel on the rest of the stuff...

Solution for those who asked...PM sent..

Cheers.

Exhaust can wait, Family is important.

To everyone else; KARMA is a GREAT thing to have, FYI.
    -Blake

'98 Disco