Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: EdgeStar Portable 43QT Fridge $349 Shipped

Ok, this thread is heading toward the toilet; literally. Lol!

Just for the record (wonder why when I offer to cook and nobody let's me), I only store the Pett's when the cooler is empty and finished using it. So in a 5 day trip, I have 5 bags of Pett in double bag and kept sep from meals.

Not to disgress but I will, hey Muddy, how's AL treating you and the family? Any wheeling trips yet? Hope all is well; don't be surprised if some CA folks come and visit you if you lay out any fture wheeling trips and places to eat like Mexxis.
    NCLR BOD www.nclrclub.org

SPOT Adventures: http://www.spotadventures.com/user/p...?user_id=47904

Tread Lightly Trainer

2004 Java Black D2 SE7 "Family AUV" - All-Around Utility Vehicle

1990 CT D110 "Support and Touring Vehicle"

1990 White RRC - Dedicated "Trail Rig"

Ron,
    Everything is going pretty well in AL. House is about 1/2 organized. We have to purge even more now that we are here. Weather has been cold. This has been the coldest winter for while. We have had snow 2 or 3 times. Nothing heavy, but enough to have overpasses, schools and some bridges closed for safety. Only two mexicans restaurants in town and they are no match for Mexxi's, so appreciate what you have in San Ramon, CA.

No wheelin' trips yet. Been too busy with work and the house. Waiting for the next meet and greet with the TN Rover Club. Hopefully that will take place some time soon and not too far away.

Anyway, best of luck with the Frigzer and let us know how it works out. Might be a good first step for me and camping around here.
    -Chris D.
    Chris D.
    "Alabama Red" MUDY_OVL
    '95 DI

FYI on Compact Appliance. com

I purchased one of these fridges on 1/15/10 and paid the sale price at the time of $499.99. I thought it was a pretty good deal. I saw Ron's post a couple of days ago and was pi$$ed off I paid too much.

Today I called Compact appliance and spoke to a cust service rep. She refunded $95 to me because of the price difference.

Awesome customer service!

That's great!

Yeah 01/15 was only 3 weeks ago - great that they refunded the difference!

The $95 they refunded you will come back to the company in the form referrals and word of mouth from happy customers like us and others = more business!

Tread Lightly Trainer

Ron. Are you happy with this purchase? I told a friend about this great deal and he'll prolly pull the triger
    [/SIGPIC]Enrique, Susie, Sebastian 12 & Isabel 4yrs old.

Mexxi's Restaurant & Catering.
    Catering to the farthest corner of the planet, in a Land Rover, of course!

Land Rover stable:
    1962 IIA 109 Reg. in resurrection process.
    1992 RRC SOLD
    1998 Disco I with a peppy 4.6
    2006 LR3 HSE

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoChef View Post
    Ron. Are you happy with this purchase? I told a friend about this great deal and he'll prolly pull the triger
    Didn't get the chance to update this thread; thanks for asking Enrique.

I received the fridge a week after purchase.

Very smooth purchase; as soon as I pulled the trigger or purchase online, I received an order confirmation via email; and then a follow-up email with shipping and tracking info. Next thing I know, big box was waiting for me @ home a week later.

First impression, well packed; the fridge was in the OME box, and that box was in another bigger box suspended by foam on all corners.

Took the fridge out and has nice fit/trim.

Came with AC plug, and plug for 12v.

Controls are easy to use and read. Press "set" to set temp (use up and down button), or press "FF" fast freeze. I plugged it @ home in the morning, pressed FF and came back later in the afternoon, ready to store ice cream!

Been running since I bought it and so far so good; not too noisy and keeps food cold (using it as a spare fridge in my home office for now)

My son's birthday is coming up; he wants to have a camping party; we'll use the fridge to store/transport his birthday icecream cake.

Then hopefully get to use it for the Oregon Trail, and the Dusy Irshim trip this year!

Bottomline, I am happy with my purchase.
    Last edited by RonCT110; 02-23-2010 at 10:51 PM.

Tread Lightly Trainer

Hi Ron:

Thinking on an unit like yours, but I couldn't fin info about where is made, Can you tell me if yours says where is made?
    Carlos
    KG6YYV

IGITUR DESIDERAT PACEM, PRAEPARET BELLUM !

101 fc..............(MISHKA)
    RRC 92.............(REDSQRE)

UNIMOG.......... (KURSK43)
    LR3.................(KIFUYEM)
    PATHFINDER....(KRASOTKA)

NCLR 27

Looks like a good deal. What's the power draw on that? Is it as efficient as an ARB or is a 2nd battery a must?
    Kevin
    KJ6IBK

2005 LR3 aka "The StormTrooper" - Coil Suspension, RS Stage 1 Sliders, Cooper Zeon LTZ 285/60R18's, Snorkel, Hannibal Roof Rack
    2007 LR3 SE7 aka "The Adventurer" - BFG 265/65R18's, RS Stage 3 Sliders, ARB Deluxe Winch Bull Bar, BajaRack RTT Rack

A lot of the questions you asked have been covered in the forum below.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...ad.php?t=23350
    2000 D2 SD w/BFG MT 255/85/16, 3" lift, ARB front bumper, custom rear bumper & rock sliders, Mantec snorkel, CDL, KMC front & rear diff guard, Columbia Rovers gas tank skid, LR front skid, RoverTracks HD tie rod & drag link, BajaRack roof rack, GBR HD rear driveshaft & 4.14 gears, Trutrac LSD front w/Detroit rear locker, Ashcroft HD axles & CV, Polybush Dynamic bushings, blr HD engine mounts

2000 D2 stock w/BFG AT-KO 245/75/16, TF front & KMC rear diff guard, RockStar Fab rear door panel

Quote Originally Posted by N2RVRS View Post
    Hi Ron:

Thinking on an unit like yours, but I couldn't fin info about where is made, Can you tell me if yours says where is made?
    Here's your answer - see attached picture.

Made there, distribution and customer service handled in the USA. As much as I want to buy American made, at least some of my money is going to a company in Austin, TX. My other choice is ARB (made in Australia right) but expensive. Went with this value buy.

Been test running it on AC since day 1. Quiet. Nice fit and finish. No problem thus far.

One wknd, had it running in the garage in the RRC plugged in the DC/cig ligther.

After driving it to work, pulled the fridge in the RRC Friday night; running 29* temp to keep the bev chilled; came back Sunday and RRC started right up (I am using Sears Platinum PM-2).

My trick is to plug the fridge in the AC and pre-chill it desired temp, and then move it to the truck the night or day of the trip while packing.

Also the unit does not erase the temp setting when unplugged from AC and plugged to DC and vise versa. Nice feature. Memory.

Speaking of memory, got distracted when I started typing this post.... ooh, now I remebmer, where is my beer - time to finish what I started.

Have a great wknd Carlos and all!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0653.JPG  

Tread Lightly Trainer