Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: EdgeStar Portable 43QT Fridge $349 Shipped

Ron, why are you going ARB over the Edgestar? We were discussing the ARB, but you got it..so since you have both, besides the light inside, what is the big difference...
    It's about people and the Land Rovers that own them.
    01 DII : 95 RRC LWB : 88 RRC SWB

Quote Originally Posted by astateofmike View Post
    Ron, why are you going ARB over the Edgestar? We were discussing the ARB, but you got it..so since you have both, besides the light inside, what is the big difference...
    The Edgestar has Pacifico, and the ARB has New Castle, and depending on what I am eating e.g. Mexican food, I'd prefer....

Ok, you are probably saying... smart as*.

I am at work right, and will share my findings later; been comparing the two in the last two days: value vs brand name; c yah!
    NCLR BOD www.nclrclub.org

SPOT Adventures: http://www.spotadventures.com/user/p...?user_id=47904

Tread Lightly Trainer

2004 Java Black D2 SE7 "Family AUV" - All-Around Utility Vehicle

1990 CT D110 "Support and Touring Vehicle"

1990 White RRC - Dedicated "Trail Rig"

yes, that is correct smart.....

Looking forward to your insight, as now this is on my ever present radar...

I've been completely content with my Edgestar. Now Ron has to go screw that up and make me envious of the Arb. Dammit.

Quote Originally Posted by jrose609 View Post
    I've been completely content with my Edgestar. Now Ron has to go screw that up and make me envious of the Arb. Dammit.
    Where have you been Jason? On vacation! Good to hear from you again.

You know the Edgestar is a value fridge (great price and no complains thus far from me).

However I was presented with the opp to snag this ARB and can appreciate both. I just got home from work; will get some dinner and then see if I can start my post on the comparison between the two. Both good in their ways!
    Last edited by RonCT110; 09-16-2010 at 10:04 PM.

Tread Lightly Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by RonCT110 View Post
    Where have you been Jason? On vacation! Good to hear from you again.

You know the Edgestar is a value fridge (great price and no complains thus far from me).

However I was presented with the opp to snag this ARB and can appreciate both. I just got home from work; will get some dinner and then see if I can start my post on the comparison between the two. Both good in their ways!
    Thanks, Ron. It has been a very busy summer. We went on vacation to Wyoming for about two weeks. Been working an awful lot, and the kids have kept us busy. Just haven't spent a ton of time on the computer.

I love my Edgestar. It works great. Overland Journal gave it a horrible review, but I think the fridge works well for most casual weekenders like me.

Good to hear from you Ron!

Pending sale and delivery tomorrow locally for my Edgestar @ $349. Helps cover a lil over 1/2 the cost of my new ARB fridge. Now if I sell the A-frame bar for $300, I am covered.

Still a good value Fridge for the price for anyone looking into buying a new one from Compact Appliance. Hopefully that price.

Just be careful on the open box on eBay; and if you buy an open box from Compact, atleast it still has the warranty. Just keep your eyes on new pricing deals.

Drank 4 bottles till it was sold. Not bad - 20 cold beers left.

Cheers!

Tread Lightly Trainer

Pending sale and delivery tomorrow locally for my Edgestar @ $349. Helps cover a lil over 1/2 the cost of my new ARB fridge. Now if I sell the A-frame bar for $300, I am covered.

Still a good value Fridge for the price for anyone looking into buying a new one from Compact Appliance. Hopefully that price.

Just be careful on the open box on eBay; and if you buy an open box from Compact, atleast it still has the warranty. Just keep your eyes on new pricing deals.

Cheers!
    Congrats to you on the sale, to the new owner and to me..this takes one more item off my radar and mind!

Cheers!
    Done deal, Ron. Got a deal $699 with free shipping from Sierra Expeditions. Sold my Edgestar last night..........

I'm a copy-cat