Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EdgeStar Portable 43QT Fridge $349 Shipped

EdgeStar Portable 43QT Fridge $349 Shipped

Deluxe EdgeStar FP430OB on sale for $349 shipped (open box price): http://www.compactappliance.com/FP43...OB&src=FROOGLE

Anyone w/experience with this product; on another forum, it was compared to Engel and ARB; draw a lil more power but overall good.

In this economy, seems like a value model vs higher priced ARB or Engle Fridge of the same capacity. You get what you pay for - seems EdgeStar is not bad price and quality.

Let me know - this is what I am asking Mrs Santa Clause for Christmas.

Hopefully I can score one @ this price in Dec.

Cheers!

Specs:

Model: FP430OB
    Operates as a portable freezer or refrigerator
    Volume: 43 qt. / equivalent to 60 12oz. cans
    Easy to read, easy to use control panel
    Range: -8F to 50F
    Voltage power (AC or DC)
    12/24 volt power lead: 6' detachable power cord
    115 volt power lead 8' detachable power cord
    Approval: ETL
    Flash Freeze function rapidly cools the unit to -8F
    Warranty: 90 days labor, 1 year parts
    EdgeStar Portable Fridge/Freezer - 43 Qt.
    Durable and rugged design
    Floor drain
    Insulated lid
    Rounded edges make it safe around the family
    Side-grip comfort handles for easy transport
    Compressor based cooling method freezes faster than Thermoelectric counterparts
    Weight: 45 pounds
    Internal Dimensions: Large basket: 18.96" h x 11.42"w x 15.5"d; Small basket: 11.5"h x 7"w x 7"d
    External Dimensions: 20.8"h x 24.7"w x 17.7"d
    Last edited by RonCT110; 02-07-2010 at 10:02 PM.
    NCLR BOD www.nclrclub.org

SPOT Adventures: http://www.spotadventures.com/user/p...?user_id=47904

Tread Lightly Trainer

2004 Java Black D2 SE7 "Family AUV" - All-Around Utility Vehicle

1990 CT D110 "Support and Touring Vehicle"

1990 White RRC - Dedicated "Trail Rig"

That's a hell of a deal! $300.00 bucks off! But don't know anything about the product, no info on any other sites either. It might be worth the gamble, if it fails just use it as an ice chest.
    92'RRC
    NCLR#117

I have one but I haven't had time to build a rear slider system for it, so I haven't used it in my truck other than to test the 12V DC power path. The unit does appear to be quite rugged. Someone on ExPo had one sitting on the back seat of his pickup truck when he rolled the truck. His Edgestar is still working after that accident.

I can say though, the fridge does a great job of keeping things cold. I use my Edgestar to keep sodas and oher drinks cold at home running off the A/C. The external temperature meter does fluctuate +/- 4 degrees. For the price, this fridge can't be beat.
    2000 D2 SD w/BFG MT 255/85/16, 3" lift, ARB front bumper, custom rear bumper & rock sliders, Mantec snorkel, CDL, KMC front & rear diff guard, Columbia Rovers gas tank skid, LR front skid, RoverTracks HD tie rod & drag link, BajaRack roof rack, GBR HD rear driveshaft & 4.14 gears, Trutrac LSD front w/Detroit rear locker, Ashcroft HD axles & CV, Polybush Dynamic bushings, blr HD engine mounts

2000 D2 stock w/BFG AT-KO 245/75/16, TF front & KMC rear diff guard, RockStar Fab rear door panel

anyone know what and ARB fridge weighs?
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by d.dreager View Post
    That's a hell of a deal! $300.00 bucks off! But don't know anything about the product, no info on any other sites either. It might be worth the gamble, if it fails just use it as an ice chest.
    I know.

_ _

Hey Yubert, thanks for your feedback; let us know in the future how your slider project is coming along; that's one thing this company doesn't designed yet but for the price, worth building your own.

And keep us posted on the experience with unit. Thanks again!

_ _

Gem, I am also curious on how much ARB weighs; will try to get the specs and compare. Edgestar weights 45 lbs.

Tread Lightly Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by RonCT110 View Post
    Gem, I am also curious on how much ARB weighs; will try to get the specs and compare. Edgestar weights 45 lbs.
    My ARB feels quite a bit heavier than 45 lbs. But then last time I lifted it I hadn't been to the gym for about a year...
    1994 RRC LWB
    My projects: www.mmacrue.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @mmacrue

Quote Originally Posted by stevenmd View Post
    My ARB feels quite a bit heavier than 45 lbs. But then last time I lifted it I hadn't been to the gym for about a year...
    Come on Steven; take the bathroom scale out; step on it; step back; now carry the ARB frigde; and then step back on; what's the difference in weight? Make sure to put away the beer on hand (adds weight ); thanks!

By the way Steven, I have an early Christmas present for you; the new can of POR15, supplies of marine clean and metal ready. It's yours. Come pick it up in the Bay Area or I can hand it to one of the guys who may be going your way.

My way of saying thanks! Having the CT110 has been great, and thanks to you for posting the for sale link. Puts a smile on my face each time I look at the 110. And also thanks for the authographed page on the Camel Trophy Years book - nicely signed on the appropiate (1991) by Bill Burke - ex Camel Trophy partipant during the 1991 CT in Tanzania.

2 years ago I got Daphne Greene to sign it. Have not had the chance to get Lea McGee's and othes... Working on it.

Sorry I digress...

Tread Lightly Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by RonCT110 View Post
    And also thanks for the authographed page on the Camel Trophy Years book - nicely signed on the appropiate (1991) by Bill Burke - ex Camel Trophy partipant during the 1991 CT in Tanzania.

2 years ago I got Daphne Greene to sign it. Have not had the chance to get Lea McGee's and othes... Working on it.
    The story behind Bill's signature: I had to drive down to Chowchilla to pick up some items he donated to our first (or second, can't remember) Annual Family Gathering. I knew I was going to give the book to you so I thought it would be kinda cool to get Bill to sign it. Not only did he sign it but he took the time out of his day to show me all his CT schwag and gave my truck a look over with a few nice comments. Nice guy.

And thanks for the POR-15!

No scale in the house or I would put down my beer to weigh the ARB...
    1994 RRC LWB
    My projects: www.mmacrue.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @mmacrue

FYI

Been keeping an eye on Edgestar's open box clearance; no $349 deal thus far.

If anyone is interested in a brand new one, till Dec 25 add'l 5% off (coupon code 5STAR) on top of the sale + 10% off retail price this week; free shipping and no tax to CA; comes to $$$ out the door $469.39 from list price $649.00.
    Last edited by RonCT110; 01-01-2010 at 10:04 PM.

Tread Lightly Trainer

Using your original link I am seeing the $349 price now, but backordered.
    Tony

Black '01 D2 148K AMSOIL Synthetics
    HG Jul-11, ABS Opt B fix, Motorad 180 t-stat, Magnecor 8mm wires, NGK plugs, TW front DS, QT diff guards, TF steering damper, OME 777/781 MD springs w/rear D1 spring seats, TF+2 shocks, SS ext brake hoses, HLC Fab Sliders w/nerfs, BottorF'ed modified rear bumper, SD Roof Rack w/4 Hellas, LR fuel tank skid, Yokohama Geolander AT-S LT245/75/16E, LR stainless A-bar w/IPF lights

GO HOKIES!!