Thread: P1673 & p1668

Exclamation P1673 & p1668

I have a 2001 DII SE that is throwing the 2 codes mentioned above. The first one that it threw was P1673 and than shortly later it threw P1668. 1673 says that the ECM is not programmed with the correct code. When looking at it with the scanner, it says ECU: Engine Calibration Verification # 1:00000001. And ECU: Engine Calibration ID# 1: DATO. Do these 2 numbers need to match up, or does it make a difference? My bro in law who is ASE certified in electronics looked at it thinks that they need to match. I already hauled it to the dealership, but the people there charged me over $100 and all they told me is that it is the fuel pump, which isn't the problem. I can override it and hear the fuel pump hum and build up pressure, so I know for a fact that the pump is not the problem. It's also not getting any spark, which I believe is caused from the ECM not being programmed correctly. If anybody has any suggestions, I would love to hear them.

I think you may be looking at some general codes but not land rover specific. the landrover specific codes are

P1673 Land Rover Immobiliser - incorrect codeDrive cycle A:Signal out of range - below minimum
    P1668 Land Rover Anti-Theft Alarm serial link faultDrive cycle A:Signal out of range - above maximum

hope that helps some
    Some new cars, 1999 discovery ser 11, 1988 jag xj40, 1976 sedan deville 500ci, 1974 450sl, 1967 lotus 7, 1961 mini traveler.
    http://www.mercdjetmegasquirt.britautorepair.com/
    http://www.merccismegasquirt.britautorepair.com/

They are specific.

It is the specific codes. I looked them up when I scanned it, just didn't post all of that due to lack of time last night. The engine does crank, but as I stated yesterday, no spark & no fuel pressure. I was told to lock & unlock the doors X3 to see if it would reset it, but it didn't. I was also told to check the crank shaft position sensor voltage (because from what I have read and was told, it is a very common failure), which I was unable to do with the scanner, but when cranking it read some where around 167 RPM, so I don't think it is bad, or else it wouldn't have read anything, at least that is what I am assuming. As I stated before, the ID# & Verification # don't match. Could that be the problem? Or is it something else? Does anybody know if this is a dealer thing or something I can do myself?

did you try unplugging your battery and letting sit for 30-60 minutes?
    -Blake

'98 Disco