Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ABS MODULATOR FIX (NO more SVS fault)

ABS MODULATOR FIX (NO more SVS fault)

Well everyone, here is MY ABS Modulator fix write up.

http://www.landroverclubvi.com/abs-mod.html

Let me know what you all think....
    ~Josh
    2003 Discovery S (64k miles)
    www.landroverclubvi.com
    Mods: Oil Pressure Gauge, ScanGaugeII, CDL, Electric CDL Actuator, RoverRacks Rear ladder, Limb Risers, ToddCo Front Drive Shaft, DI Wiper Arms, G4 Upper Rear Lamp Guards, No Amigos since 11/09

Coming soon: Install Greg Davis rear bumper, Replace 4 ball joints, Replace belt tensioners and pulleys.

For the future: .... wait and see....

I know there is the hummer fix running around out there..... but this one has a few more pics.....
    ~Josh
    www.landroverclubvi.com
    Mods: Oil Pressure Gauge, ScanGaugeII, CDL, Electric CDL Actuator, RoverRacks Rear ladder, Limb Risers, ToddCo Front Drive Shaft, DI Wiper Arms, G4 Upper Rear Lamp Guards, No Amigos since 11/09

Coming soon: Install Greg Davis rear bumper, Replace 4 ball joints, Replace belt tensioners and pulleys.

very nicew indeed Josh - thanks for posting it
    cheers
    Barri
    Some new cars, 1999 discovery ser 11, 1988 jag xj40, 1976 sedan deville 500ci, 1974 450sl, 1967 lotus 7, 1961 mini traveler.
    http://www.mercdjetmegasquirt.britautorepair.com/
    http://www.merccismegasquirt.britautorepair.com/

Thanks Barri!
    ~Josh
    www.landroverclubvi.com

Good write-up and photos. Just wondering, are there any electronic inside the SVS modulator circuit plug? Do you know where the wire leads go to? Also, it's hard to tell but was the solder joints broken or what?

2000 D2 SD w/BFG MT 255/85/16, 3" lift, ARB front bumper, custom rear bumper & rock sliders, Mantec snorkel, CDL, KMC front & rear diff guard, Columbia Rovers gas tank skid, LR front skid, RoverTracks HD tie rod & drag link, BajaRack roof rack, GBR HD rear driveshaft & 4.14 gears, Trutrac LSD front w/Detroit rear locker, Ashcroft HD axles & CV, Polybush Dynamic bushings, blr HD engine mounts

2000 D2 stock w/BFG AT-KO 245/75/16, TF front & KMC rear diff guard, RockStar Fab rear door panel

make sure to email a pdf to Tony and get this in the tech section. these are great things we need to make sure they dont get lost in the archives of tech posts or in case your website ever goes down. THANKS!!!.

technical section, post a pdf!!!
    Last edited by badfysh; 11-10-2009 at 02:35 PM.
    1995 LWB
    2004 D2
    2008 E350
    2013 Impreza

BLR #000
    NCLR #42
    SCLR #592

Quote Originally Posted by yubert View Post
    Good write-up and photos. Just wondering, are there any electronic inside the SVS modulator circuit plug? Do you know where the wire leads go to? Also, it's hard to tell but was the solder joints broken or what?

Honestly, it was hard to tell if the solder joints were bad. But i went ahead and re-soldered them anyway.

And SVS modulator circuit plug

is connected to here

One pin is connected to ground... and one is to the YG wire on the C0501 pin 9 connector... hence why it can be bypassed completely....(write up on that coming soon)

I will be adding more to write so please keep the questions coming
    ~Josh
    www.landroverclubvi.com

Angry impressed with the amount of work you did

I don't think I am anywhere close to trying something that intricate considering my vehicle is my daily driver, two jobs and kids etc. BUT, I had the modulator, wheels sensors completely redone a year ago with no problems until the same mechanic did my brakes the other day and the three amigos came on the day after when I rolled/bumped over a speed bump at low speed. They haven't disappeared since. I'm debating simply leaving them on and considering getting rid of the vehicle or just driving without the ABS, TC and hill decent...how much are those T-Shirts again?

Excellent work Josh. Takes time and effort to document work, and even to share - thank you for your work and contribution.

LNDRV99, don't give up yet; take it to the same mechanic who did the brake job and say "the three amigos came on" after going over a speed bump since he did the brakes. Speed bump could have "bumped" something loose e.g. ABS sensor or something. Also did you mention that the same mechanic replaced the ABS modulator - is it still under work warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by LNDRVR99 View Post
    I don't think I am anywhere close to trying something that intricate considering my vehicle is my daily driver, two jobs and kids etc. BUT, I had the modulator, wheels sensors completely redone a year ago with no problems until the same mechanic did my brakes the other day and the three amigos came on the day after when I rolled/bumped over a speed bump at low speed. They haven't disappeared since. I'm debating simply leaving them on and considering getting rid of the vehicle or just driving without the ABS, TC and hill decent...how much are those T-Shirts again?
    Last edited by RonCT110; 11-11-2009 at 07:52 AM.
    NCLR BOD www.nclrclub.org

SPOT Adventures: http://www.spotadventures.com/user/p...?user_id=47904

Tread Lightly Trainer

2004 Java Black D2 SE7 "Family AUV" - All-Around Utility Vehicle

1990 CT D110 "Support and Touring Vehicle"

1990 White RRC - Dedicated "Trail Rig"

Quote Originally Posted by badfysh View Post
    make sure to email a pdf to Tony and get this in the tech section. these are great things we need to make sure they dont get lost in the archives of tech posts or in case your website ever goes down. THANKS!!!.

technical section, post a pdf!!!
    Good idea! i will pdf it it ASAP.
    ~Josh
    www.landroverclubvi.com