Thread: Land Rover Trail Day in Boise

Land Rover Trail Day in Boise

Hi guys
    Here are some photos from the Lyle Pearson Land Rover Adventure Day.

http://picasaweb.google.com/jrose609...dA&feat=email#

We had a great time. 27 Land Rovers took off from the dealership for a 70 mile trip through the desert southeast of Boise. We drove out past the National Guard training range down to the Snake River Canyon. We enjoyed a great lunch provided by Lyle Pearson. Lea Magee from Land Rover North America was here to help out. We were led by Lyndon Nolan in his 1971 (?) Series IIa and Gordon Kallio in his Discovery 1.There were a lot of brave adventurers in their 2009 and 2010 Range Rover Sports (whew). One fellow in his new Range Rover Sport got a little sideways on an off-camber trail littered with rocks. He nearly went over an embankment. Luckily, he had low ground clearance, and that actually kept him from going over. Lea was able to demonstrate a proper recovery along with Lyndon's Series and winch and Gordon's Disco as an anchor.

We had a great time, and a lot of new acquaintances and friendships were made along the way. This was the first time I'd had the new 300Tdi out on a trail, and let me tell you, it was INCREDIBLE The diesel simply idled over most of the trail. Unbelieveable performance and torque from the diesel!

Take care

Jason

So that is where Lea has been....... Great photos, thanks for sharing.
    It's about people and the Land Rovers that own them.
    01 DII : 95 RRC LWB : 88 RRC SWB

Quote Originally Posted by astateofmike View Post
    So that is where Lea has been....... Great photos, thanks for sharing.
    Yeah, Lea was up here. He's quite the character. Other than throwing rocks at my Tdi Disco