Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: connected a Scan Gauge II and it works

Hang tight on future purchasing of code readers. I've been talking to Colin over at Black Box Solutions on a group buy of the Faultmate FCR. Price looks good. I just need 20 other people to jump on board as well as finalizing VAT charges via US Customs so we know exact monies involved. Details to follow in a separate thread.

Quote Originally Posted by AdvRide View Post
    Since you seem to have some of the dealer pass codes to get into the stock NAV system do you happen to know a code that will get you into the system to change the colors ?

The LR tech that always works on my LR3 was showing me something one day on the NAV and went into the system with what I thought was the 1791 bypass and started changing the colors. Dummy me did not ask him what code he punched in so when I got home that code was not it.
    The back door the LR tech went into is not the standard color change screen in the settings menu I am talking about. He entered a code via the same screen for the 1791 enter location which pulled up and entire color customization menu for everything that you see in the Nav and Info screens.

If I get such info from the Rover tech I will share it here.

So there is more, eh!

Somehow I am not suprised that there are more "secret" codes, however additional colours was not one that I had expected.

Well my complements for even finding out about their existence, let alone attempting to uncover them.
    2005 LR3 HSE 4.4L V8 petrol; 18" x 10 spoke wheels; Traxide Dual Battery; PIAA 2500K H11 Yellow Ion Fog light bulbs; Rear Cargo area LED lighting; CounterAct LT-2 capacitive corrosion device; LLumar AIR80 Blue Low E clear Infra Red heat reducing side window tint; Upper liftgate cable release; Schrader valve "air in" mod to OEM air tank; Akebono ceramic pads on OEM solid vented discs; 3 Blink signal light mod; Clock on the Dash; LR4 shorter hitch receiver; Backup Camera; 2015/16 Nav data update.

I know this is an old post but also didn't find much about ScanGauge 2 usage on LR3... Question, has anyone with luck using the X-gauge? I was hoping the SG2 will give me transmission & exhaust temp but neither works

Mid-Atlantic State, Tidewater Area - Chesapeake, VA
    I don't think LR3 has sensors for that. I don't have the Nav Screen in my '06 and use Garmin Nuvi with their blue tooth OBD connector. I get gages, everything that is monitored I think. Also have the ability to read and reset codes. Doing a lot of that lately with P0172, P0174, P0175. I think my O2 sensors need replacing. I have the parts, but just keep driving.

'06 Land Rover LR3 Base 4.0L V6
    Java Black Pearl, SE Premium Pkg, Rear Seat & Climate Pkg, Cold Climate Pkg, Sirius Radio Pkg
    No HD Pkg somewhere in Chesapeake, VA
    ADDED:
    OEM:
    Brush Bar w/Bosch Fog Lights; Side Protector Molding; Sunroof Air Deflector
    WeatherTech: Vent Deflectors; Cargo Mat
    EGR: Clear Headlight Lens Protector; Smoke Hood Protector
    WheelSkins Two-Tone Lace-up Steering Wheel Cover
    Adj. Height Rod Kit @ 2" lift; 1.30" Wheel Spacers
    Fuzion XTi 285/60-18 All Terrain Tires, 5

never could figure X gauge out

Transmission temperature seems to be not possible to find.

This seems odd as all diesel pickups have transmission temperature readouts, but in the case of Land Rover, historically any gauge other than perhaps speed seems to be not a requirement. That was why I purchased my ScanGauge, to at least get volts and water temperature which it does very well.

Quite a few years back now, I did email ScanGauge and ask about tranny temperature and at the time, it was clearly a no.

I almost think the transmission temperature is within the ZF software and hence not available to Land Rover; all the ZF seems to feed the LR computer is the big F. Exhaust temperature, I have never looked for but that should be available as it is emissions related.
    2005 LR3 HSE 4.4L V8 petrol; 18" x 10 spoke wheels; Traxide Dual Battery; PIAA 2500K H11 Yellow Ion Fog light bulbs; Rear Cargo area LED lighting; CounterAct LT-2 capacitive corrosion device; LLumar AIR80 Blue Low E clear Infra Red heat reducing side window tint; Upper liftgate cable release; Schrader valve "air in" mod to OEM air tank; Akebono ceramic pads on OEM solid vented discs; 3 Blink signal light mod; Clock on the Dash; LR4 shorter hitch receiver; Backup Camera; 2015/16 Nav data update.