Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 2010 National Rally - official dates

Quote Originally Posted by fishEH View Post
    What kind of on the trail "facilities" might I expect to find? Catholes, port-a-potty?
    The trail leaders will be carrying portable toilets for emergencies, but it is preferred that you fend for yourself (in an environmentally responsible manor, of course).

There are public toilets on some of the trails, usually at the trail head (no pun intended).

I'm debating whether to bring by mtn bike or not. Bear in mind I'm from IL and will have a hardtail.
    Are there a few moderate trails that won't kill me? Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by fishEH View Post
    I'm debating whether to bring by mtn bike or not. Bear in mind I'm from IL and will have a hardtail.
    Are there a few moderate trails that won't kill me? Any suggestions?
    From http://www.trails.com/list_1526_utah...in-biking.html :

Mountain Bike Meccas

For decades, Moab has earned a reputation as The Mountain Biking Capital of the World. Trails such as Slickrock and Porcupine Rim are some of the best-known mountain biking trails anywhere. Best known for its slickrock and rocky 4 by 4 roads, Moab also offers access to alpine mountain biking through the La Sal Mountains to the south, thus making it an excellent taste of Utah. Moab and the greater surrounding area offer numerous mountain biking routes for novice and expert riders.

Friday, 10/22, is a free day with no scheduled off-road trails so you will have time for riding.

Check out:
    http://www.discovermoab.com/biking.htm
    http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/idx-moab.htm
    http://www.utah.com/bike/trails/slickrock.htm

There are plenty of places to rent bikes in Moab if you don't want to bring your own.

2 Weeks

2 weeks until we leave for Rally.Almost 20 hr drive from St.louis! Stop in Vail area to break(drive) up(do a little flyfishing for a few days) and then 4 days of fun in Moab.Really looking forward to it.Don't want to jinx myself but I think the Disco is ready to rock and roll(hopefully not roll but.......!).Anyone else excited?
    97 D1 SE7 3"RTE lift 285/75/16 Cooper STT"s Rockstar bumps and sliders SD rack Hella's Ramsey winch RTE HD steering ARB locker(s) GBR rear axles RT HD front axles/cvs(and)RT rear links and more and more.......

"Now that's a tasty burger!" Samuel Jackson in PulpFiction

16 hour drive from NorCal for me, with a stock 3.5l lump....so, I may be even longer. I am excited and nervous at the same time......preparring, but also trying to determine worst case and when......ahhhhhh

No relaxing on this trip. Hammer down out, hammer down back.....
    It's about people and the Land Rovers that own them.
    01 DII : 95 RRC LWB : 88 RRC SWB

I'm flippin' stoked! 22hrs there, 22hrs back. ;D
    Keeping my fingers crossed I get everything done by then.

Quote Originally Posted by astateofmike View Post
    16 hour drive from NorCal for me, with a stock 3.5l lump....so, I may be even longer. I am excited and nervous at the same time......preparring, but also trying to determine worst case and when......ahhhhhh

No relaxing on this trip. Hammer down out, hammer down back.....
    Yeah,couple of years ago when we were preparing(worst case) for Rally in Moab it involved airplane tickets from Moab airport.When we left St.louis for Moab,I had never driven the Rover more than 40 miles at any one time(much less 1200).Didn't know if we would even get out of Missouri.It made it there and back (trail repair driveshaft in Moab and hit a huge deer(elk?) in Colorado were only setbacks).Part of the experience.
    97 D1 SE7 3"RTE lift 285/75/16 Cooper STT"s Rockstar bumps and sliders SD rack Hella's Ramsey winch RTE HD steering ARB locker(s) GBR rear axles RT HD front axles/cvs(and)RT rear links and more and more.......

"Now that's a tasty burger!" Samuel Jackson in PulpFiction