Thread: Winch help Warn M8000

Winch help Warn M8000

Installed a new Warn M8000 winch.

Set-up:

Solenoid pack relocated to bottle jack position in engine compartment using two mount points to mount to south-side headlight housing.

Relocated controller hook-up to the grill. Spliced 16 gauge brown wire for cut off/on switch to winch. Works perfectly fine. Solenoid ground 16 gauge wire (red w/eyelet) to underbody of winch motor.

Winch pulls in very weak and automatic/repetitive clicking noise in solenoid pack. Will not line out.

After contacting Warn, a rep e-mailed me and said based on my set-up and relocations, I must take the red 16 gauge wire/eyelet and connect it directly from the controller plug-in to the negative battery post.

I proceeded with this direction to no avail. same clicking noise and maybe even slightly weaker charge on the line in.

I must be missing something here or wired something wrong.

Please help.

~Blake
    BPerry83@gmail.com
    ~Blake
    bperry83 AT gmail DOT com

winch weak

Quote Originally Posted by BlakesRover View Post
    Installed a new Warn M8000 winch.

Set-up:

Solenoid pack relocated to bottle jack position in engine compartment using two mount points to mount to south-side headlight housing.

Relocated controller hook-up to the grill. Spliced 16 gauge brown wire for cut off/on switch to winch. Works perfectly fine. Solenoid ground 16 gauge wire (red w/eyelet) to underbody of winch motor.

Winch pulls in very weak and automatic/repetitive clicking noise in solenoid pack. Will not line out.

After contacting Warn, a rep e-mailed me and said based on my set-up and relocations, I must take the red 16 gauge wire/eyelet and connect it directly from the controller plug-in to the negative battery post.

I proceeded with this direction to no avail. same clicking noise and maybe even slightly weaker charge on the line in.

I must be missing something here or wired something wrong.

Please help.

~Blake
    BPerry83@gmail.com
    I have a 9000lb and find that when the cable conections get caroded or are loose i get the same thing.usualy its just cable loose or the jump straps{connectors of the selonoids}.posibly the cables not heavy enough for the lenght used.have had the nuts on selonoids loosen up also.