Thread: EAS conversion kit from AB

EAS conversion kit from AB

LINK
    Stumbled across this.
    West Coast purveyor of early Land Rover Parts
    1995 LWB Aspen Silver Edition. AKA DudeMobile...4.6 chipped w cam & headers...4" lift with 255/85R16 tires (33")...ARB lockers front & rear...Etc, etc, etc.

That's funny!!! Arnott will do it for $900 less and Strutmasters will do it for $1100 less, but what do expect from AB.
    Last edited by Coy Glasscock; 09-03-2009 at 12:08 PM.
    Coy
    "Man who say it cannot be done should not interrupt man doing it."
    -- Old Chinese Proverb

Compare the AB kit with the others, they can not even compare to the quality and electronics that AB offers, especially when you look at the junk that Strut Master offers.
    Mike

Retired service manager, member of Solihull Society, SCLR, past member of the NCLR and the Santa Barbara 4Wheelers clubs.
    99 D2, 3" lift, CDL with Detroit,T.T. lockers, 4:11's,H.D. axles, custom ft/rear bumpers with sliders, a 9500 HSI Warn winch and 5 HID's.

To DOWNLOAD the RAVE Manual, follow this link http://www.landroverresource.com/

Rover Radio issues or IPOD Adapters http://home.valornet.com/splacket/index.htm

I called AB on Friday last week and asked to have ANYONE who had purchased their kit, installed it and could give me feedback on it to call me ASAP as I would be interested in purchasing it.

No one has called yet. I am hoping it's not vaporware - the electronics part, I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by jdholder View Post
    I called AB on Friday last week and asked to have ANYONE who had purchased their kit, installed it and could give me feedback on it to call me ASAP as I would be interested in purchasing it.

No one has called yet. I am hoping it's not vaporware - the electronics part, I mean.

One important question to ask them is: Do you sell replacement struts for when my originals or yours (depending on kit you get) wear out? You'd think i was trying to get classified info when i asked that one. After several promises for callbacks, and receiving none...i can only assume that you have to buy the entire kit again! or buy reman airbag struts and remove the airbags! WTF?

By the way, went with the arnott kit using the original struts for 716.06 on Amazon. No module needed on 06, just pulled 2 fuses...no warning lights or beeps. Ride is excellent, very pleased.

I used the AB system on my P38 with no complications or problems.
    Larry K, ASE
    Millstadt ,IL
    2011 LR4 HSE LUX
    Prev. owns: 87 RR Classic, 96 D1 4.0, 96 P38 4.6