Thread: MTB Members in San Diego?

MTB Members in San Diego?

So I moved from Colorado to Seattle and I am trying to find a way to undo that, and am considering areas between Temecula(potential work location) and northern San diego area up to Fallbrook.

If someone were to reside there, where does one get their mtb ride on, besides vail lake, which was rather sandy for my tastes, where is there forest or more rocky technical mountain biking?

I am accustomed to wet, loamy rooty biking in the east coast and in parts of colorado there are roots, parts are rocky like moab and others more desert

Where does someone residing in the temecula/sandiego corridor go to find variety and technical mtb trails/rugged biking options for those seeking the technical skills challenege as opposed to jumps?
    ESTP

You are welcome to return to CO!
    Aaron

"Life is to be lived.If you have to support yourself, you had bloddy well better find some way that is going to be interesting....And you don't do that by sitting around wondering about yourself"
    -Katherine Hepburn

I'm in Grand Junction right now after the rally, doing some biking..its awesome here.. But Temecula was a fun place and the proximity to other places is what makes it more attractive
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by gmookher View Post
    I'm in Grand Junction right now after the rally, doing some biking..its awesome here.. But Temecula was a fun place and the proximity to other places is what makes it more attractive
    You should hit up Fruita while you are that close
    Aaron

"Life is to be lived.If you have to support yourself, you had bloddy well better find some way that is going to be interesting....And you don't do that by sitting around wondering about yourself"
    -Katherine Hepburn

Try this site. www.mountainbikebill.com . He's pretty much got it covered. Without a doubt the best riding is up in the Cuyamacas and Laguna's. Nobel canyon will test your technical skills.

Mountain Bike Bill is great, also check out http://www.socaltrailriders.org/. Good info there.

dirttreaders.com they're more SD based guys and gals so check them out.