Thread: LR3 Suspension Fault

LR3 Suspension Fault

Forum Members,

I have '05 LR3 and started getting the suspension error displays on my info screen. They would come up during driving, the vehicle will lower itself and than within a few miles all will go back to normal. That takes place several times a day. I contacted the dealer and they replaced my passenger side air spring - you know how much these cost. No change. Same error messages come on. I took it back and it's been sitting at the dealers' for a week now and they can't figure out what the problem is.
    Can anyone help?
    Paul

Do the faults come while on Tarmac, Off-road, or both? Sorry Man. This could be a number of gremlins. I'd suspect the sensors themselves. The dealer has a way to bypass the wiring on each sensor which accomplishes something?? My rig has 2 or 3 of these sensors bypassed and all has been well. A week at the dealer seems excessive though. Keep us posted.

Agreed several problems potentially. Mine seemed to be on off road situations and mostly caused by the Air Compressor over heating and then being pushed a bit further by my impatience to get more lift.

Please let us know what they find, specifically.

susp fault

does anyone have any pics they can send of the height sensors on the vehicle. mi have 05 LR3 and want to inspect the sensors,, A pic of where they are located etc would be very helpful,,,thnx

Here's a shot of the front locations - now that you know what to look for, the rears are harder to see and even harder to photograph.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Connecting Rod 009.jpg   Connecting Rod 010.jpg  

ok go tit,, thnx,, it looks like the pic shows the rods (with orange colored busshings) is connected to the lever,,which in turn is attached to the sensor,,,I can see the wiring harness which attached from underneath the sensor,,,

Here's a shot of the stock rods and sensors - uninstalled. Your stock rods will be black in color. The orange type are my Sasquatch Rods which allows you to lift your rig an additional 2" for added ground clearance and larger tires.

Be sure to order the proper part number as each sensor has an individual part number.

Passenger Front - RQH500061
    Passenger Rear - RQH500041
    Drivers Front - RQH500071
    Drivers Rear - RQH500051

CONFIRM WITH DEALER prior to ordering these parts. Make sure that these are the right one's for your year. There was a change in part numbers in late '05 / early '06. Hope this helps.

How's your closest LR dealer 2 hrs away? If you live in Baltimore its maybe 30 minutes to LR West Columbia. I'd be hard pressed to believe there isn't a dealership in B-more anyway.

Edit What about Land Rover Hunt Valley in Cockeysville?

Quote Originally Posted by ethan007 View Post
    I bought an LR3 earlier this year, and I now realize that my warranty is almost over and my local LR dealer is 2 hours away, and they said that it really isn't a good idea to have this kind of car without a warranty, because with Land Rover repairs are expensive. So my question is would it be a good idea to trade it in and get a certified Range Rover, or a certified BMW? Thanks in advance!
    You should start new threads.
    -Blake

'98 Disco

I'm noticing the suspension fails a lot of range rovers. My guess is that the sensors fail as much as the suspension itself. I had had a really really annoying suspension fail error off and on for a month now.

The issue is dropping the car off, I need to use it.

Any ideas how to self diagnose the suspension failure?

Or at least check to see if it's safe to drive?

PaulMar, I would have them check the battery, if they have already been through the suspension and can't find anything. When a battery starts to goes out on a LR3 it does funny things and it also goes out over a long period of time, not just over night; the two most common are to through a fault with the air suspension and the other is to through a fault with the transmission. Kinda of weird I know, but happened to me on a few occasions last year, and again last Thursday (right after I made a post about how good my new battery is). If they still have trouble making a diagnosis take it to pepboys or autozone and they will test the battery for free.

Another thing that has happened to me was "being over worked" by sitting in rush hour traffic for long periods of time. Every time I would inch forward on the freeway and stop, it would try to self level after a while it would just got tired and quit. Dealer never could figure it out and it still does it, so when that happens I just pull over and let it sit for a while.

Hope this helps.
    Coy
    "Man who say it cannot be done should not interrupt man doing it."
    -- Old Chinese Proverb