Thread: 08 LR3, Suspension Fault (Max speed 30MPH)

08 LR3, Suspension Fault (Max speed 30MPH)

I purchased an 08 LR3 about 2 months ago. On a recent trip I got a Suspension Fault and the air suspension turns off. The only way to reset it is to turn the car off then back on and then everything appears to work correctly again. The local dealer changed the right rear air suspension (air bag as they called it) this past Thursday. While out of town this weekend I got the same fault 7 times. Anybody else have the problem?

Take it back to the dealer. Sounds more like a faulty height sensor vs a defective air bag. Remember, not all dealerships are created equal. Find one that you feel comfortable with and build a relationship with your service adviser. This will pay huge dividends down the road. I don't know if there are many choices in your area. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch View Post
    Remember, not all dealerships are created equal. Find one that you feel comfortable with and build a relationship with your service adviser. This will pay huge dividends down the road.

Ditto X 1,000,000

Luis

07 LR3 SE / 06 LR3 HSE

I've had this happen after overheating the air compressor. If you raise and lower the vehicle a lot or try to force it to stay in or get into Extended mode, thiis could happen. You can overheat the compressor, just by raising and lowering the vehicle over a short time frame. Lord knows i would never do any of those things...

Had the same problem while sitting in LA traffice for 2 hours, when I would stop the self level would kick in then I would pull up in traffic a few feet and stop again, after a while of doing this the compressor finnaly said "I hate traffic jams" and stopped working, once I turned off the engine and let it sit for a minute and then restarted it worked fine. I have also recreated this same problem by raising and lowering the vehical many times as fast as possible. The first time the stealership replaced the compressor, after a while I realized the stealership really don't know sh*t about the suspension and I am now working on a way to replace the compressor with a better one and replaceing the air tank with a larger version. Maybe a while, since I have other pressing projects, but I'll let you know. I spent some time talking to the east LA low-rider boys and they have a lot of knowledge on air bags and hydrolics, got some info on replacing the bags and sillinodes as well. There is a air-compressor made for catipillar tractors that can replace the factory, it is designed to run 24-7 at ruffly the same specs. however it cost almost as much as a new Rover.

Hmmm - I thought that Land Rover had upgraded the compressors after the problems with the early '05s?

As for Coy - It's amazing that anyone's vehicle can survive idling in LA traffic for two hours. My sympathies go out to you. Thank god I'm in empty country - The commuter "rush hour" here in Fernley, NV lasts for about 45 seconds during the Amazon shift change.....
    Ron/Rocky - '04 Discovery S
    Usually found somewhere in Lyon, Pershing, Churchill, Lander, Humboldt Counties..